Playing prototype without CD?

Laugh

Famous
Joined
Jun 11, 2009
Messages
527
I recently bought and installed (via CD) Prototype. I installed the game, but the CD still needs to be in the dvd drive for it to run. Why is this? I'm not too sure why it would need to be in their because I already installed the game.

I knew I should have gotten it off Steam instead.
 
Some games need the cd, get a no cd crack from somewhere
 
Some games need the cd, get a no cd crack from somewhere

What he said.


companys try to prevent piracy by making you have a CD in the drive but smart people like me just get an ISO and use daemon tools :closedeyes:
 
What he said.


companys try to prevent piracy by making you have a CD in the drive but smart people like me just get an ISO and use daemon tools :closedeyes:

If you do that, you'll have to always have your virtual cd rom running in order to play. So just get a no CD crack off somewhere. Replace it with your current .exe and it should work.
 
I know a website where you can probably get it. Not sure if I can post it here so just PM me if you want it.
 
I don't want to get a no CD crack. I'm not into piracy and I already purchased the game. Yiu may lock this thread now as it won't help. Sorry.
 
What he said.


companys try to prevent piracy by making you have a CD in the drive but smart people like me just get an ISO and use daemon tools :closedeyes:

actually, if you are connected to relic online it does not need the cd as long as your registered product keys are legit.

-Blue
 
I don't want to get a no CD crack. I'm not into piracy and I already purchased the game. Yiu may lock this thread now as it won't help. Sorry.

i dont think you can call a no cd drack piracy if you own a legitimate copy of the game.

-Blue
 
Is having to put the disc in really a big deal? If it makes you feel better, you can take the disc out of the tray once the game has been launched...
 
I don't want to get a no CD crack. I'm not into piracy and I already purchased the game. Yiu may lock this thread now as it won't help. Sorry.

Have you tried adding it to Steam to see if doing so would allow you to play without the CD?
 
Yes, I have tried it. It's ok guys, I was just asking if it was something normal or not.
 
Yeah, just be happy it is not one of the more serious forms of DRM. SecuROM im looking at you >:O.

Also, this is why steam rules.
 
No CD cracks are not piracy, you dont need isos or anything just a new exe from a website that has no-cd cracks.
 
I managed to get a no cd crack. But I don't want to use it because I've progressed very far in the game and do not want to lose my progress...
 
All it does is just act like the cd is in the drive. It doesn't make you lose any progress, just replaces the .exe doesn't replace any data
 
I recently bought and installed (via CD) Prototype. I installed the game, but the CD still needs to be in the dvd drive for it to run. Why is this? I'm not too sure why it would need to be in their because I already installed the game.

I knew I should have gotten it off Steam instead.

I know Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142 are the same way, I dont really care. lol
 

Latest posts

Back
Top