Edgegamers

Nightmare -

Famous
Joined
Sep 15, 2007
Messages
485
eG version; http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?p=931828#post931828
eGO version; http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?p=931826#post931826

Hmm, where to start, it seemed so easy when I tought of it this morning...

I've been in eGO for almost 2 entire years now, played on the servers for atleast 3, but that's not what this post is entirely about.

Troughout my 3 years of playing on the Edgegamers servers I have seen alot and I really mean ALOT of changes, so I shall start at the beginning;

Back when I was not a member, I accidently joined the eGO Day of Defeat servers(Destiny?) due to a missclick, but heck I was so impressed by the server envoirment, I decided to stay.

As difficult as it is for me to apply for things, I decided to apply to eGO after about a year of playing on these servers, slowly but surely I got to know the community, the people behind it, etc.

I'm sure older members do remember this; the Day of Defeat houses, I hit eG and was STILL not in a house, that is just how difficult I cope with applying to things... Eventually after multiple people said "Puleaseeeeeee" I joined the Dam Busters house and was proud of it.

After a year there was a huge change in eGO, the add of the Counter Strike Division, dissolvement of houses, the Team Fortress division, etc. etc.

That's where we are now;

During playing on the eGO Counter Strike servers, I can't avoid to sometimes feel; dissapointment because of the behaviour of alot of people, ofcourse as an admin it is my task to get rid of these punks, but that can't always be done.

That is where the e members can also play a huge part in the eGO community; upholding the rules, don't be afraid to, put admins on your friends lists to contact them when there's trouble on the servers or use the teamchat; @ <Message> to the admins to get rid of punks.

When I say don't be afraid to, I ofcourse mean; do so, it makes the eGO servers alot easier to handle, especially if there's only 1 single admin, or help by getting the steam ID of an offender and keep it at hand, to inform the admin also with that.

Since eventually you WILL run into situations where someone breaks the rules in such a way they have to be banned/kicked, etc, no one can avoid that sadly.

I know that Edgegamers has alot of rules, but these rules make the servers a friendly envoirment for literally everyone, no matter; where you are from, who you are, what you like, etc. etc.

My eventual point;

eGO thanks for the fun and new e members, support the community where possible, you are not just recruits, but a great addition to the clan.

This was on my heart and just wanted to share it with the rest of the community.
 
Well said Nightmare. It is true that we do have a lot of trouble makers on the CSS servers. It may be because CSS has like 8000 servers and all of them do not have the rules and understandings that eGO servers have

A main thing you guys need to realize is that these troublemakers and punks come in to OUR server and cause some problems. We CANNOT have this. (i should be saying your servers... but i still hold dear to them) If someone is causing problems... take care of it. Kick him out of the server or ban him... that is all.

Nightmare summed it up very well. If you are an eG... I want to see a WALL of eGO friends. NO exceptions to this. When i admin'd i was summoned into INS, DoD, TF2, CoD, and CSS to help... and i NEVER said no. If you ask for an eGO and he says "no, i am playing CSS atm and have a high score... please find someone else." and he cant take the 30 seconds to inspect the situation... we have a serious problem.

Moral is (to quote Nightmare) This is a very informational wall of text. Let this open your eyes to finally see that there are a lot of punks in the CSS world that stumble to our servers. Don't let them ruin our gaming experience.

Thank you
~Frazar
 
Last edited:
Nicely said!! everyone can add me if they would like! I am always willing to help out! I know im from DOD and Im not sure how the DLs feel about me admining on CS but I will do anything I can to help someone out. If i am online im usually at the computer.
 
!up but it's already been said countless times. Step up e's that's how you move up in the clan and support the organization as a whole. Admins are expected to uphold rules, but it starts at the e level. Plus, it makes us happier seeing e members enforcing the ethos of eGo.
 
!up but it's already been said countless times. Step up e's that's how you move up in the clan and support the organization as a whole. Admins are expected to uphold rules, but it starts at the e level. Plus, it makes us happier seeing e members enforcing the ethos of eGo.

Erm well Leader,Some of the pubs get mad and say Your not admin,Are you? and it just BLARGH :cursing: :facewall:
 
Really, great post Nightmare. I always try to help admins or contact them when ever needed
 
lazer-

Then if the pubs give you any grief, grab an admin. Don't accept any garbage from anyone on OUR servers. But how are we supposed to recognize potential admins if we don't see e's taking that first step in the server? I've been contacted by e members and I always remember who grabbed me. I've also been able to recruit a few people who noticed I was an admin and asked me to check out the other server they were playing on. All in all, be polite but firm and respectful. Failing that, grab an admin for a boot or a ban!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top