- Joined
- Oct 9, 2008
- Messages
- 373
Hellos all
I hope I'm allowed to ask for internet help here, not really game related etc.-
I've tried so many things and I'm low on ideas now. If you all can help that would be lovely-
So here's the thing:
I recently moved (few months ago) to a house and we stopped our DSL and got Charter (ISP) Cable with the house. (I'm also keepin in mind people say cable drops a lot but ugh, what gives?)
The internet kept droppin, over the weekend then every day at least once, then everyday constantly. When it drops it's only for a period of about 30 seconds- few times it seriously went down.
Called the tech guy, he came, and said the cable wires were not grounded well. So he grounded em, one wire goes under the house and another is secured to a main pipeline on the side of the house. So I was hopefull this would help-
It worked, net was fine... for only few weeks. Started dropping, and then more and now I'm back to it dropping every day.
The tech guy gave us a new modem too, where the previous modem was fairly new anyway since we recently got this internet.
So- I know my router is old, it's over 2 yrs, and it's not the best. So maybe it was the router- BUT- I directly ran off the modem and it still went down. Hm.
I believe it's the internet itself dropping. My internet cards are fine, I have multiple computers one which has a new wifi card and they all drop at the sametime, so it's not just my comp- I see this as a internet's hardware issue.
If anyone has tips for any more ideas that I can run through, please do tell.
Thanks so much for your time I really do appreciate it, this is drving me nuts lol
-Nancy
Ps. I am always on steam all day, name NecroNancy, feel free to add me and talk if it's easier that way
I hope I'm allowed to ask for internet help here, not really game related etc.-
I've tried so many things and I'm low on ideas now. If you all can help that would be lovely-
So here's the thing:
I recently moved (few months ago) to a house and we stopped our DSL and got Charter (ISP) Cable with the house. (I'm also keepin in mind people say cable drops a lot but ugh, what gives?)
The internet kept droppin, over the weekend then every day at least once, then everyday constantly. When it drops it's only for a period of about 30 seconds- few times it seriously went down.
Called the tech guy, he came, and said the cable wires were not grounded well. So he grounded em, one wire goes under the house and another is secured to a main pipeline on the side of the house. So I was hopefull this would help-
It worked, net was fine... for only few weeks. Started dropping, and then more and now I'm back to it dropping every day.
The tech guy gave us a new modem too, where the previous modem was fairly new anyway since we recently got this internet.
So- I know my router is old, it's over 2 yrs, and it's not the best. So maybe it was the router- BUT- I directly ran off the modem and it still went down. Hm.
I believe it's the internet itself dropping. My internet cards are fine, I have multiple computers one which has a new wifi card and they all drop at the sametime, so it's not just my comp- I see this as a internet's hardware issue.
If anyone has tips for any more ideas that I can run through, please do tell.
Thanks so much for your time I really do appreciate it, this is drving me nuts lol
-Nancy
Ps. I am always on steam all day, name NecroNancy, feel free to add me and talk if it's easier that way





