Steam kicking for Client timed out and can't connect VAC

frap

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
2,032
Steam keeps kicking me for "cLient timed out" and "Can't connect to VAC Servers".

I've reset steam, logged out of steam, restarted computer, restarted router, deleted clientregistry.blob and then restarted steam.

And it still kicks me every 10-15 minutes. What do I do? It's on CSS I played DODS for like 2 hours today without a kick
 
That happens to me too! People said restarting Steam would help, & it does, most of the time
 
Never really had that problem, except for client timed out on My custom maps that I make ( And they are still in beta) appart from that not really.
 
do you log into steam from different computers? I don't know what the fix is, but I get this problem sometimes when I log into steam from different pc's and try to play games - annoying, but it goes away eventually. not sure if there is a proper fix for this ~
 
For those of you who get that message and get disconnected from the server after an update here is the fix:

If restarting Steam does not resolve the issue, please exit Steam and delete the following files:

Steam.dll
SteamUI.dll
ClientRegistry.Blob
These will be found under your Steam installation directory - by default, this will be C:Program FilesValveSteam (this may vary if you specified a different installation folder, or if you have moved your Steam installation)

This will make steam reupdate your user id ticket and Game key.

*Taken from steampowered.com

Hope this helps :)


maybe try this? (from sticky at top of tech help forum)
 
do you have any skins or something installed for css? if so try removing them because it might cause problems. also try defragging your css game data. right click on css and click porperties, goto local files, and click on defragment cache files.
 
I just deleted steam.dll and steamui.dll and clientregistry.blob again lets see if it fixes it this time. Thanks for all the suggestions
 
that randomly happened once to me, but hasnt happened since:confused1::confused1:
 
I've done everything and it still does it all the time. Any more fixes?
 
How do I fix this? It does it all the time and i've done everything
 

Latest posts

Back
Top