As far as I can tell you need to force Steam to open DoD in an older/different version of directx.
-dxlevel 80
Add that to the launch options and it should fix itself. Also, are you running AVG anti virus?
If that doesn't work, try disabling ALL background programs/applications and restarting steam.
I got all this information from googling the error message, I didn't copy and paste it, but I got it from a simple google search. Consult google before eGO forums next time, you'll be surprised at the time and work saved.
nope didnt work. ill search for older vs of directx. i didnt have it installed on my comp when i bought dod. steam installed some version of direct x. i guess. when i loaded game it said i didnt have dx and the game might not run right. i skipped it and i guess it caught up with me.
yup jombay's question is spot on. You need to update your video card drivers. I have seen this numerous times and video driver updates is the way its fixed.
If you do not know how please PM me I will be happy to help.