eGO Servers Pinging Abnormally High

BioHazardd

Active Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
332
All the eGO servers minus the "Fun Server (208.43.76.159:27015)" which is pinging at normal (about 50-60) are pinging at upwards of 150 for me.. Other servers that I have in my favourites have stayed around their normal ping. Usually I'm getting between 60-80 on eGO servers.

Is this an eGO problem, or is this a me problem?
If it's a "me" problem, what could be causing it? My Networking Performance shows roughly 5% utilization, so nothing is hogging up the bandwidth on my computer. The only other person home right now is my brother, who is doing nothing out of the ordinary..

Thoughts? Suggestions?
 
all the ego servers are pinging at about 50-70ms for me. might be you
 
i have noticed a bit higher ping for me too. Whether both of us are just experiencing something crazy at the same time, or something is up? idk, but my ping change is so small, it doesnt bother me (from 45 to about 70)
 
I had some bad ping about a week or two ago. Back to normal now for me.
 
I have also noticed abnormally high pings on eGO server starting today (yesterday). Due to my location overseas I normally get pings of 250 on average, but while I was playing about 12 or 16 hours ago my ping spiked to 600 and then fell to around 340 where it has stayed and is currently still at. I checked other servers I play on from other clans and they all (except for one) seemed to be the normal 240-280 range that I usually see.

Its acting like one of the internet hubs went down, so the information has to travel further, which means the problem is most likely geographical. I hope someone looks into this because I do know a fair bit about computers ans networks, and all the tests I have run on my network come up normal until I get to where the data hits the US.

I am currently in the mid east.

-Blue
 
our dods kalt server is averaging 400ms for me, which is rediculous even for my location. I usually get 250.

-Blue
 
Alright, so it's not just me.. That's the answer I was hoping for.
I also ran 2 different speed tests on my internet, both are normal.
 
According to one of the leaders of the XA clan;

No its not you, its the servers. There was an outage at one of the backbone providers

Quote:
Our NOC reported that there was a disruption on a backbone link and
traffic failed over to an alternative route. Additional latency is expected.
Should be fixed sometime soon.

Not sure if eGO hosts in the same spot as they do or not, but that would explain it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top