Why dont pyros light bows

Codden

Rookie
Joined
Jul 5, 2008
Messages
41
LOL this is making me mad pyros now use compression blast to undo fire but can someone tell the pyro lighting bows good ill ask in the beginning so i can get a quick kill on engie medic sniper but they ignore me is the gasmask on to tight
 
pyros can light snipers arrows on fire, plain and simple.

this goes back to the why do medics hate me thread, some people are just noobs and dont know whats going. just try to explain it to them and teach them, and they will catch on.

remember, the nicer you are to someone, the more likely they are to follow what your saying.
 
Because anybody seen using the huntsman deserve to have their bow broken and have it forcefully ripped out of their backpacks to prevent it from ever seeing the light of tf2 day?
 
When I play pyro, I like to light the arrows. I could be content hanging out on 2fort battlements for several min at a time doing just that. However, I'm hesitant to do it without being asked because I don't want to be annoying. I figure a lot of pyros get so caught up in the game that they don't think about it.
 
Noob moves? Well don't try and be aggressive with your SG placement without backup and a spare engy to help build. Also wrench anybody that goes near your gear.

On Topic:
When I play pyro I don't worry about making it easier for a sniper to get kills, if you can't drop somebody with the huntsman then you shouldn't be using it.
 
May hap because the huntsman is a mid to long range weapon and the flamethrower and backburner are short range weapons so pyros are looking for short range ambush spots and don't typically hang back the way that snipers do.

Still it's worth igniting your teammates bow. Who knows you might even fry a spy.
 
I do when there is a sniper in the sewers with me.
I just burn the huntsman arrow.
 
I always think that I am going to block the sniper's vision with fire if I light the arrows; so I tend not to light them unless the sniper explicitly asks me-or gives me some sign-to light the arrow.
 
I usually use the huntsman so anytime a pyro lights my arrow without me asking i usually thank them, even if it was an accident. It's a good tool to take down the heavy and other classes who usually don't die from one arrow, unless it's a headshot.
 
Just ask your self how many pyros hang out with the snipers?

3
-----------------
I only do it during set up. It isnt worth going out of my way to get a flame on the arrow. Half the time the sniper is going to miss anyway.
 
Last edited:
i'm known mostly as a pyro although i play all the classes according to team needs...i think the flaming arrow is a kick, but unless invited by the sniper to do so, i don't light 'em -- as a sniper i can easily get distracted, and i don't want to inflict that on a sniper. in the sewers of 2fort, it's totally different. there i do light 'em when i see a sniper, then move on...
 
When I get a assist for it, we'll talk about it :P

Naw, I do it when I see they are strung and they aren't just going to waste it.
 
*slowly raises hand*
Well, snipers are like spybait.

You too Poopsythe34? I feel so ashamed now... ;)


I promise to try and remember to light your arrow, but like Quaffer said earlier, I'll more than likely be farther forward..
 
It never occurs to me to go light a sniper's bow, really. I'm too busy rushing forth trying to find a good ambush spot. Moreover, most of the time the sniper's going to miss, even the good ones miss a lot. If I'm running past the sniper though, I'd be fine with giving them a light and moving on.
 
Thanks for alll of u that posted your ideas but im more of an offensive sniper which is y i like the huntsman and against more hp targets its harder at say 10 feet when u have 2 pyros sitting there what i think would be good is if u light the bows as u where running to places
 
Back
Top