Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro question

Artic Silver 5, the general thermal paste for heat syncs is NOT electrically charged. That's a common misconception, and unless you glob it on your heat sync, which you shouldn't be doing anyway, it's very hard to get any on your motherboard in the first place.

Don't forget that he's never done it before, so it's always a possibility. The first couple times I did it I had to wipe it all off and start over.
 
Thanks for the responses guys... I've been looking at guides on how to apply AS5 (Youtube, Google searches, PC Help forums, etc) so I may apply it or I may not. From what's I've seen I just put a small little blob and then spread it around the CPU with your finger in a small plastic bag.
 
The pre-applied is fine, but you can always benefit from further cooling.

If you choose to grab a different thermal grease, I recommend Arctic Cooling MX-2.

I did thorough research when I built my current computer (started building it in February). Of all the thermal greases I found reviews for, MX-2 equaled every other on the market, but doesn't have to cure (which is a pain) and isn't particularly expensive.

BTW, I use this stuff on a Core i7 920 with a Noctua NH-U12P cooler.
 
Well I received my AS5 via mail. So tomorrow when I start the building process I will apply that on my CPU instead of using the Pre-Applied. Hopefully everything will go well.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top