Help with CPU monitoring.

XXzz-Trauma-zzXX

Thread Junky
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
805
Ok so I got a simple little executable that monitors my memory usage, net usage, cpu usage, and disk usage. My problem is how do i interpret this to tell me ways that I can increase performance. Please note that this program only shows performance in graphs and not numbers.
 
I don't quite understand, how do you want to use the CPU monitor to increase performance? What numbers are you looking for?
 
Im not really looking for anything in particular. Im just trying to see what makes everything spike and trying to find out how I would use that to make it so that it doesnt spike as bad.
 
You can always use the Task Manager processes tab to determine which programs are putting the most load on your processor.
 
Patton's giving you good advice. Look at the CPU and memory usage, close some programs you don't really need running, and see if that lowers the usage of your resources. Rinse and repeat.

If you want to keep some programs from starting up automatically, you can use the msconfig tool (start->run->msconfig) to cut down on unnecessary programs when Windows starts up.

Now, if you're just wanting to know what the numbers mean, it's super simple. The ones that really matter are CPU usage and memory usage. Those two affect performance the most. Less use is better. However, this subject is can be a bit complex. If we haven't answered your question, I'm usually available through Steam Friends. Click the nifty button in my signature and I'll try to help you where I can.

-Xen
 

Latest posts

Back
Top