do u guys no any good routers and modems that are good because mine arent really strong and i get disconencted all the time i need a wireless one with good range. if u guys no any that be great
I use a Netgear Rangemax Dual Band WNDR3300, couldn't be happier with the reliability and strength of the signal on the N-band. I just wish Comcast could be as stable as my router :cursing:
Best router out there for money and suppossedly range performance is the Belkin N+ wireless N router. It has the + sign over the cheaper model and it suppossedly has the best range of any N router so far according to cnet.com
Don't forget that everything right now is 'draft' n. The 802.11n spec wont be finalized until November, so the stability and speed of all these routers will change after the final spec is released and new firmware is pushed out. I would look to Linksys or Buffalo for a good router/AP combo. IMO Netgear makes great wired equipment(read: level 2 and 3 managed commercial switches), but I have had nothing but problems with their wireless products, especially dual band.
EDIT: omg how did i forget
If you are looking for range, and wireless N is not a requirement, Linksys WRT54-GL. You can load either the OpenWRT or DD-WRT firmware and actually raise the radio transmit power. On top of that its got great QoS and other useful doodads.
I heard it was being finalized in September?? oh whatever its all the same i guess. Yes i would wait though for the finalized N spec because then it will be compatible with all i believe and you wont have to worry about buying a new router.
I heard it was being finalized in September?? oh whatever its all the same i guess. Yes i would wait though for the finalized N spec because then it will be compatible with all i believe and you wont have to worry about buying a new router.