Deleting a partion

Mista Panda

Poster
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
244
ok im just partioned my hard driveso that i could install windows vista ultimate and now i want to delete my active partion of windows vista home priem

any body know how like a program
 
k if you still got a working windows install

just go to control panel > administrative tools > Computer management > and hit the disk management entry on the side and there is the windows partitiong tool just find the right partitions and hit delete on it.

if you dont got a working windows install going use a live cd like ubuntu and gparted or use the partitoning tools on the windows install disc.
 
Be sure to backup your files on the primary partition in case it gets damaged/erased when you delete the other one.
 
This is the method I use when I want to delete a partition:

Put your windows CD in
Reboot
Boot from disk

You should be taken to a whole setup screen and just delete it from there.
 
just go to control panel > administrative tools > Computer management > and hit the disk management entry on the side and there is the windows partitiong tool just find the right partitions and hit delete on it.

Yep. I've found this method to be very effective.
 
This is the method I use when I want to delete a partition:

Put your windows CD in
Reboot
Boot from disk

You should be taken to a whole setup screen and just delete it from there.

thats what I do as well
 
If you have ever used something called UBCD (ultimate boot CD) you can make one with a program on there called delpart - or even a DOS boot disc can run it.

Old school, but it works.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top