TF2 and binds

NCA

EGO Zealot
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
1,556
I'm trying to bind my F6 and F7 keys to change my name to =(eGO)=? NatlCommandAuthority and =(eGO)=? NatlCommand respectively.

Here's what I've tried so far:
Code:
setinfo name "=(eGO)=? [S] NatlCommand"
WORKS as expected


Code:
bind F6 setinfo name "=(eGO)=? [S] NatlCommand"
FAILS


Code:
bind F6 "setinfo name "=(eGO)=? [S] NatlCommand""
FAILS



Code:
alias name1 "setinfo name "=(eGO)=? [S] NatlCommand""
bind F6 name1
FAILS

After some googling, I found another solution. I put
Code:
setinfo name "=(eGO)=? [S] NatlCommand"
in name1.cfg

But running exec name1 in console changes my name to "=(eGO)=". I guess its having issues with the ?.

Anyone know how to get this to work?
 
Have you tried just

bind F6 "name =(eGO)=™ NatlCommand"
bind f7 "name =(eGO)=™ NatlCommandAuthority"
 
ya the name command got messed up once valve made it so tf2 matches your steam name
 
in your autoexec.cfg (create one in notepad with that name in the cfg folder w/ type "all files") do this:

alias seed "=(eGO)=™ NatlCommand"
bind F6 "setinfo name seed"
alias normal "=(eGO)=™ NatlCommand"
bind F7 "setinfo name normal"

that might work otherwise idk
 

Latest posts

Back
Top