Console stuff?

redstarfish

Thread Junky
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
877
I typed these commands in console to fix my ping:

cl_cmdrate 1 cl_cmdrate 1 rate 7500

How do i reset the defaul ones?it keeps making me lag sometimes
 
cl_cmdrate 101
cl_updaterate 101
rate 25000 -or- rate 30000
 
not sure what the original rate is, i think its 10000 but cmdrate is 30 and updaterate is 20, default
 
hmm. you might have to ask an eGO. they might know. cuz i used to know...but as Some Random Guy knows...i have a horrid memory. hahaha! :P
 
These are the ones you should use
cl_cmdrate 101
cl_updaterate 101
rate 25000 -or- rate 30000
 
I would suggest 30000 instead of 25000.
I used to use it for those settings on my laptop. (hell, my new PC owns on DEFAULT!)

The ones posted above me are correct. I would just suggest 30000 rather than 25000
 
cl_cmdrate 101 and cl_updaterate 101 and rate 3000 are the defaults for our 66 tic servers
 
cl_cmdrate 101 and cl_updaterate 101 and rate 3000 are the defaults for our 66 tic servers

66 tic isn't default for our servers, you can have lower (defaults are 30/20) however because its 66 tick it limits it to 66 (max you can have)

I would suggest 30000 instead of 25000.

depends what your internet connection is determines what your rate should be. people with a crappy connection cannot play with 25-30000
 
I fixed the problem I used 30 and 60 or something but thanks!
You can keep this up for people who might have the same problem.
 
Did ego servers get bumped up to 100 tic cause the ones seannn gave you are 100 tic rates not 66 tic rates
 
No way that eGO servers are at 100tic.
And it doesn't hurt you to have rates set for 100tic, as you might play elsewhere and be setup for them when you join!

... Put it this way ...
If eGO has 100tic servers, whenever more than 24 people were on a single server, it would lag and be horrible. People always complain "why isn't this server 100tic!" ... It's simple! 100tic can't stand high numbers of players compared to 66tic!
 
cl_updaterate 101
cl_cmdrate 101
rate 30000

these are the standard console thingy's for a 66 tic server/ our servers
 

Latest posts

Back
Top