My new love..

Jorzonator

Forum Fiend
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
735
..Is the sniper. No matter which one.

Today on full dust2 there was no other spot left than the sniper on Marines side. Not too happy I grapped my rifle, loaded a full clip and headed out the spawn.
I put up my tent to the right tower, got down to my knees, zoomed in and waited for poor insugeants to run into my scope.
ENEMY!! BOOOM, /missed.
*sigh* went the frustrated marine. "OK. Lets try again" he thought.
Gunshots. An enemy walks from behind the corner. Boom The enemy now lies cold as January morning on the ground. "heh, I got lucky there" Said the marine by his camp. Another enemy. BOOM. Lifeless he falls to the ground like his brother in arms. But before the marine can even celebrate his successfull shot, another insrugent comes from the corner on the other side of his still zoomed in scope. Quickly he throws an aim to the general direction and pulls the trigger.
Three dead men lie on the ground. "DAMNNnnnn" shouths the marine "this gun rocks!!!"

(This dramatization was brought to you by Jorz-production at 1:30am)

So yeah, in shot 'n sweet.
The sniperrifle rocks. If you haven't tried it out yet, do it asap. Only then you'll know what you've missed all this time.
The game goes to a whole new level, when you know that you cannot proprely protect yourself in cloce combat and oh boy does the adrenaline flow if you decide to go hicking instead of camping, if you know what I mean.
 
Last edited:
Try SKS, too. It's got that one shot feel at point blank but without the scope, making it a tad easier on the smaller maps like dust2. For a greater challenge, try the Enfield on the insurgents team. You get one chance and only one. Also, the pistol gives me that same rush especially since you run so much faster it gets my blood pumping a lot more.
 
OMG!!!!!!!!! finally someone else realizes how frickin awesome the sniper is. i actually choose it above the shotgun in close combat to. its pretty much just as powerful and has a better sight. i no scope people all the time with it. i love the sniper on any map, i always try to get it, but only on the marines side i have the insurgent snipers
 
I genuinely hate sniping cause I can never find a good spot. Snipers are crap at close range. Unless you're Jedi
 
not true tho i have come across quite a few snipers in the past couple days that seem to think they are alone when i have my rampint fits with a pistol(all day today, and yesterday) they tend to miss the point of looking out of there scopes...lol oops M9 to the face...
 
try the Enfield on the insurgents team.

If I'm an Insurgeant sniper, I use Einfield =)

But here are some pics that I took on an empty server today of my finest moments:
insdust2r80003.jpg

I had a lovely no-scope right there. All you could see was that much of his head

insdust2r80004.jpg

Same deal here. The marine was running to cover of the corner, and I just jumped down from the spawn, and no-scoped him.

insdust2r80005.jpg

Here, one shot, two kills moment. One was capping C and another one was crouching behind him..

Sorry for the 'quality' of those marines, I just quickly draw them on paint =)
 
Last edited:
Very nice little story you had going there Jorz, I too am becoming a fan of the sniper rifle. The marines marksmen rifle is great for close combat (no scoping) then long range. For the insurgents I like the enfield, unless I'm in a well covered spot that I know I wont have to move from then I'd take the Dragonvu or however you spell it... :P

Wow didn't see those epic pictures... nice screen shots ROFL
 
man your as good of an artist as i am.. but good story.. tho i will say the story made batter imaging....
 
On dust 2 i find that the dragunov is the most effective sniper rifle. Especialy when no scoping but when their is distance between you and your enemy it still gets the job done.
 
im decent at sniping, i usually use the USMCs sniper or the INS one with the nice scope(the one you by pushing the arrow) but i cant snipe just a easily with the militant or sergant class. but i usually use SHOTGUNS!


nice pics btw! lol
 
Last edited:
lol Jorz, I thought you had some sort of mod running that made the marines look like stick figures... man I'm slow.

I find that the drag. is a lot faster to bring up to aim when it's down, but has less accuracy, damage, and a smaller area when looking through the scope. Not having to chamber a round every shot means you can afford to miss a shot every now and then and makes up for the lessened damage, but I still love the Enfield. I'd steal a Marine rifle if I could though, they're just too sexy. I never use the mount though... does anyone here use it?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top