). assembly team ASSEMBLE!
I've done MIPS, ARM, AVR, etc... they're all fundamentally similar. Seems like bliz has some good resources there.
If you are a competent programmer, all you should need is the language reference and you'll be good to go. To an extent, the syntax you use might be influenced by your assembler (or compiler, however the vendor terms it).
A good working knowledge of a lower level language like C can't hurt either.
/agree
All assembly is similar.. I have also done avr too (with my ATmega128). I would love to learn C on programming my controllers. Looks much more simple than assembly!
Here is my robot which we programmed with my Atmega (had to go around a track, pick up 9 balls and dump them in 2 pockets because 5 balls were blue and 4 are red)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrwV6ohl6JA

..what's sad, is i'm seeing more and more school not even require C anymore. They jump right into OO programing. I think that is a mistake


At my campus we HAVE to learn the assembly for one of our classes. No other choice
But I would love to take a class on C or get a book on it.
Well, for the record, I DID learn assembly before I learned C. Does your school also offer C? Is it even required?
Well it is actually learned backwards almost. C++ then assembly. But we do not teach C