Stupid hard drive

Stevontoast

Active Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
308
Installed a new hard drive.
500GB internal
My windows detects it in the BIOS setup
But won't let me see it on my computer
This is really annoying me because now I have no steam files no games no nothing except a really bad 120GB hard drive that has my windows installed
Little help?
This is BRAND NEW
Baught it today.
 
What OS are you using?

Is it win 7 or vista?

If so, try the following:

1. Start > Control Panel
2. Show all Control Panel icons > Administrative Tools > Computer Management
3. In the Computer Management window, on the left will be a Disk Management Section.
4. See if you can see your hard drive there. If you can and it is active and ready (ie. does not say it has an error), right click and map a drive letter to it.
 
you gotta format it so ntsf so windows can recognize it and use it. goto diskmanagement and you should see it there and youll have to right click and goto format.
 
Using windows 7 and its not there....
It is under Device manager though
Can I format it from there?
WAIT FOUND IT
But it only gives me options to save it as a different file
Convert to GDT Disc
oooor Dynamic Disc
 
Last edited:
Done it, decided to make a striped thing and it asked me to format, so I did
Thanks for the help
I love you for it :D
 

Latest posts

Back
Top