Sudden FrameRate Drop

XXzz-Trauma-zzXX

Thread Junky
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
805
Hey guys. Today on CS:S I noticed that for some odd reason my Framerate went from a max of 50 fps to a max of 20. I dont know what could have caused the sudden drop. I dont think its the server because I went into a different server and I still had low fps. Can anyone help me and suggest solutions to fix this strange problem.

P.S. I think I have been infected by a Malware program. Idk If this would effect the computer being able to process things or not but im throwing it out there as a possible cause.
 
Do you have Steam In-Game? If counter-strike (or any Source game) is running at 50 FPS normally, like mine, Steam In-Game events can cause an FPS drop when something happens, like somebody messaging you, or a friend coming online. Try going in to options in Steam and disabling all notifications except for whatever sounds you want. That really helped me. And if you want to game hardcore (like a scrim, or something) just disable Steam In-Game completely by selecting the "In-game" tab in options and unchecking the box.

That should help!

Also, if you think you've been infected, I'd immediately scan your computer to make sure. I'd recommend AVG or Avast!. Both of which are free, or have a free home version. AVG is a little more for home use, and Avast! is more for professional or industrial usage.
 
Last edited:
Yea hopefully removing Steam In-Game will help. I may have a bunch of Steam In-Game processes going without even knowing it. Im also running a virus scan now and i may defrag and clean up my disks and drives to see if i can remove some junk files. Hopefully the Steam In Game thing will fix it. Thanks for the tip Sykes.

!up Sykes :D
 

Latest posts

Back
Top