Windows 7

PewPewBangBang

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jun 15, 2009
Messages
1,923
woot finally made the switch over to windows 7 ultimate after the news from yesterday :)

Have to say that it does load up and shut down quicker but everything else is about the same, did the upgrade and pretty much all vista ultimate apps and eevrything i had is compatible with win 7. Made me uninstall ATI CCC and iTunes before upgrading though.

Its been great so far ;)
 
No offense or anything but...


ANOTHER Windows 7 thread? C'moooonnn...

And what "news from yesterday"? I hope you aren't talking about the leak...
 
This post is making baby Jesus cry. Yes, he is crying right now.
 
This issue of windows 7 threads has to be on the home page news. I don't want to make you feel bad PewPew, but there have been 50 other threads regarding 7. We don't need any more of them.
 
Anyway, to be on topic:

Windows 7's main difference is in the core. It uses up half the resources Vista uses, so that's more for your games to hog up. It has a few small conveniences you will find very helpful later on, especially the new task bar. At any time you can convert back to the old original task bar, or you can compromise and mix and match the options. They've also improved Windows compatibility. Drivers are also easier to mix and match for some odd reason.

And this is only the RC! I expect the retail edition to have a bunch of awesome sounds and shiny graphics to make it stand out from Vista.
 
Anyway, to be on topic:

Windows 7's main difference is in the core. It uses up half the resources Vista uses, so that's more for your games to hog up. It has a few small conveniences you will find very helpful later on, especially the new task bar. At any time you can convert back to the old original task bar, or you can compromise and mix and match the options. They've also improved Windows compatibility. Drivers are also easier to mix and match for some odd reason.

And this is only the RC! I expect the retail edition to have a bunch of awesome sounds and shiny graphics to make it stand out from Vista.

But if you want to update your chipset or BIOS.. you're in trouble. Sure, this will be fixed in the retail version but as of now I wouldn't take the RC as my main OS.
 
Yeah, every OS has it's problems. I use the RC because the benefits outweigh whatever problems come up. Maybe I got lucky, and my setup is completely compatible with it.
 
Um, well I wouldn't talk about pirated software. I'm pretty sure that's why it got deleted.
 
Um, well I wouldn't talk about pirated software. I'm pretty sure that's why it got deleted.

You know, there is a button in his post, it says report. We don't want piracy on eGO so it's better you click that button :) I've already done that.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top