CD Key Question

zippy258

EGO Addict
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
1,228
Lets say, 3 years ago I used a CD key.

Now I want to trade it; would the CD key work for the person I want to trade with?
 
That would depend on whether or not the game uses online activation. It would help to know which game this belongs to.
 
End War might use online activation, but I think you'll be fine with the other two. Even with online activation, the key still might work on your friend's computer.
 
Thanks!

I was trading with someone from eGO. Wanted to be sure it worked for him...
 
Even if they use online auth it should only flag your key if you exceed x number of installs on different hardware. Otherwise the key is only to lock multiplayer to one player per key.
 
usually they work for installing on another computer,if it is linked to a username then i dont think it would work, he might have to use the account you originally made. Just like steam, its all linked to one account or screenname and doesnt let you use on another one but thats only if it uses an account.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top