Another CD Key question...

zippy258

EGO Addict
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
1,228
How do you use a CD key by itself?

Example, Jack trade Jill for a CD Key. Jack doesnt have the game, though. How would that work?
 
You would need the disc or an image copy of the disc which could be loaded into Daemon tools or burned (iso etc...). Image copies can be created in Nero or any other standard burning software.
 
ya just make a disc image with something like alcohol 120% or like what iv done is just use a torrent to get a disc image than use a legit cd key on it.
 
I thought about mentioning torrenting, but I'm not sure whether it's verboten on this forum.
 
if you have the cd with you but they want the game also, you can burn the cd basically or yea wat everyone else said, turn it into an ISO. Its not that complicated but you should probably just go on google and look for a guide. Its probably like 10 steps or something like that.
 
you can istall a game exe file that replaces the exe file in your game folder so you do not need the disk. I do this with all my games so I don't need to keep changing my disks to play them.

these are also call nocd files no dvd exe ect.

all of my disks are in new condition with out any scratch too.
 
you can istall a game exe file that replaces the exe file in your game folder so you do not need the disk. I do this with all my games so I don't need to keep changing my disks to play them.

these are also call nocd files no dvd exe ect.

all of my disks are in new condition with out any scratch too.

The question is regarding install, not how to play a game without the CD.
 
an other thing to consider is to never give out your cd keys. The people you give your cd keys out to might sell them, use them in a way that gets them banned by punkbuster, or use them while you want to game keeping you from being able to play the game you paid for.
 
an other thing to consider is to never give out your cd keys. The people you give your cd keys out to might sell them, use them in a way that gets them banned by punkbuster, or use them while you want to game keeping you from being able to play the game you paid for.

QFT. Also only trade keys with someone that you know well & trust. If its a steam key it may already be used, or if its a different kay, they might get you banned, or play at the same time you do with will often kick one of you off if its a multiplayer.

As for copying a legit CD/DVD that you own for your own personal use Alcohol 120% is a fantastic program & usually I can get away without having to crack the game while using the copy. [I use copies so that I don't scratch the original disk :)]

Please remember that we are not allowed to discuss piracy in any way shape or form on the forums.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top