who is a fan of Final Fantasy

yeah i like a couple of them. The recent ones were not too good.
 
FF 6 is one of my all time favourite games.
I really want to play FF10, but have never got around to it. YOJIMBO!(means 'Bodyguard in Japanese).
 
I love FF. Played all of them till X2. Just never had the time after ffx to really play them anymore.
 
I used to be
Then I lost interest around Sequal vill....
X-2 was a joke
but XII-2...
It is getting slightly pathetic...
 
I enjoy the FF games, but my buddy is hardcore. He collects everything he can get his hands on.
The games, the special editions, etc.
 
I will now make a haiku review of the FF's I have played.

(FF1)
Old skool dungeon crawl greatness
Difficulty is not for the average gamer
Replay by choosing four thieves

(FF2)
Stat building system was awesome
Not everyone agrees with the previous statement
Play the GBA version now

(FF3)
Played translated with an emulator
The first Final Fantasy with the job system
Fun and tough at times

(FF4)
The most dramatic Final Fantasy
I actually cared about the individual characters
Missing gameplay elements of old

(FF5)
The most entertaining Final Fantasy
Job system is the only fun factor
Story was like first three

(FF6)
The best of them all
Only problem was the spell learning system
Characters individual spells have purpose

(FF7)
Great jump into futuristic universe
A classic with engaging story and gameplay
Cloud threatens to sever penis

(FF8)
Have not played this yet
I know that the music is excellent
Pay system is very interesting

(FF9)
Return to quasi-medieval universe
A great game but characters were forgettable
Because I forgot their names (LOL)

(FF10)
Fantastic edition to the series
Very dark and enveloping story about death
Tidus' voice actor must die

(FF10-2)
Combat was it's saving grace
The story did not matter to me
Just kept looking at breasts

(FF11)
No.

(FF12)
Best Final Fantasy combat system
M M O R P G Combat
My number two Final Fantasy

(FF Tactics)
Favorite turn based tactics game
Skills were technical making development very important
Go play this game now

(FF Tactics Advance)
Fun and entertaining for price
Watered down to appeal to younger crowd
Character customization was spot on


Now these games had their flaws (That I pointed out in some), but none of the FF's sucked. I never felt that way about any of them. While they are not the best ever, they do deserve their spot in the top.
 
I like 7 even though I never really played.
8 was kickass, I couldn't stop playing until I lost it.
9 was okay.
10 was awesome.
12 was meh, gave up after a while, I liked the old-style rpgs better, like 7-10.
 
I've played FF7-10. I gotta say I hated 9, 7 is overrated and 10 was awful. 8 is the best FF in my opinion. Even though I get flamed for saying that.
 
I just didn't like the characters, and after the 4 disc ff8, it felt as if it ended abruptly.
 
FF7. First RPG I played in my life. Thought it was good.
***move 5 years into the future***

FF1 and 2 on the GBA.
FFX.
***Present Day***

FF 1 and 2 on the PSP, FF 3 and 4 on DS, FF 7 on PSP )
FFTactics on PSP.
I guess it's safe to say I'm a fan of Final Fantasy.
My opinion on the games. ***proceeds to rip off Axtuse***

FF1: Great.
A great RPG.
A little cheap that you can just make a team of all warriors and just own everything, but I like red mages.

FF2
Haven't tried it. I was going to, but I left my PSP at my dad's apartment.

FF3: Good.
Fun, but more than a little bit hard. I don't like grinding.

FF4
Older brother lost it before I could play it.

FF7: Great.
Don't remember too much, and it won't fit on my PSP! I do remember that it was really good, interesting time combat system. More than a little overrated though. Weird, yet interesting story.
See Axtuse's points.
"Tell me, or I'll cut 'em off."

FF10: Okay.
Wondered what happened to 8 and 9. I didn't like it as much as the others.
Combat: old system. Nothing wrong, just the old system should work with choosable classes.
Story: I didn't really care enough to pay much attention.
Gameplay: go here, kill things, do puzzles.


FF Tactics PSP
MY GOD that's a lot of tutorials!
 
Last edited:
I forgot to mention that, although I've played FF7, FF10, FF12, FF Tactics, FF11, and FF7 CC, Crisis Core was by far my most favourite.

It's the only one of them all that I absolutely could not put down. I really felt like we got a healthy display of Zack's development from the new guy who whines a lot, to the respectable, self-sacrificing hero he finally earned the right to be.
Add on to that beautiful cutscenes, enjoyable combat (albeit a few too many random encounters when you LEAST wanted them), and plenty of solid supporting cast, and it became a respectable addition to the FF universe. (Obviously, this is all my opinion.)
 
III on the DS
V and VI on the GBA.

Need to get I and II.

Praying/begging/wanting 3D remakes of V and VI on the DS.
 
Back
Top