Really bad computer problem

Champie

Poster
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
139
Hay a few hours ago after i exited off of the internet i notice Windows Antivirus Pro was downloaded onto my computer! I knew that that wasn't anything good so i checked it out on the internet. It sayed that it is somthing that u dont want on ur computer and it showed me how to get rid of it. First it told me to reboot and use safe mode, so i did. Then it told me to download Malwarebytes which i did. Now here is were i am stuck i have finished seting up Malwarebytes but when it tells me to click it to run it my computer goes black for 3 secounds and then nothing happens! :crying:And when i restart normaly, after 15 minutes everything closes down and the computer restarts on me!:cursing: I really need someones help. I share this compuer with other people and its going to really mess up everyone! I am not the most tec savvy guy on the planet so i dont know what exactly what i am doing unless i have a tutorial to guide me along! So can someone PLEASE help me!

Thanks,
Champie101
 
Did you try to remove the program?

XP: Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > "Program name" > Remove

Vista: I don't know, maybe same thing.
 
Just curious what type of anti-virus your using? And did you download it or someone else download it (you said your not the only user) or did it just appear out of nowhere?

Also try what acid green said.

Also not the best way but: Start> search: Windows Antivirus Pro> select all> delete> empty recyclebin. again not the best way but it's a quick fix that might buy you time.
 
If the program installed automatically, sounds like you're infected with a trojan which is downloading viruses and spyware onto your computer. I would recommend you download AVG immediately, it is a free and highly effective antivirus program which should take care of that trojan and most of the viruses it downloaded/installed on your computer.
 
You're lucky you were even able to download MBAM. What you have sounds similar to Antivirus 2009. The last computer I worked on that had that, I ended up having to do a format and reinstall. Really, it's the best way. Back up all your documents, pictures and music and do a FULL format and reinstall Windows.

Update Windows fully and install a good Antivirus. Install MBAM again and scan your flash drive, CD, or whatever you used to back up your data. Don't let the flashdrive or cd autorun. Do the scan before you put any of your stuff back on the computer.
 
That one is a nasty virus. When I got it, it wouldn't let me start any other programs. Even Safe mode was very buggy. Best thing to do is reformat, then get a quality Anti-Virus like the new Norton editions, AVG, or others.
 
Ok i have no idea how to backup all my files and format my computer. Can u tell me how to do this?
 
Ok i have no idea how to backup all my files and format my computer. Can u tell me how to do this?

first off, you need your cd that came with your computer.
second, if your like me and have 2 hard drives, save all your files that you NEED onto your 2nd hard drive. and then just pop in the windows disk and reformat. BUT im on a laptop, never owned a desktop so idk and i dont think so. but it might be different for desktops..idk im not sure what raid and all that..but for the most part, thats how i reformat my laptop
 
I want to pop in here again and suggest that unless you have to, do not format.

If you have to, ask someone who's comfortable doing it to do so.

Find someone who knows how to do it and can do it properly - even if you have to pay them.

I do not mean any of the above in disrespect in any form, but only to save you more headaches, frustration, and possibly money if things go wrong. If you do not know how to backup your files, I would not recommend you trying a format of your computer.

@lunatic: small side track... if you're on a laptop, you likely have two partitions on one hard drive, not two hard drives :)
 
Last edited:
I want to pop in here again and suggest that unless you have to, do not format.

If you have to, ask someone who's comfortable doing it to do so.

Find someone who knows how to do it and can do it properly - even if you have to pay them.

I do not mean any of the above in disrespect in any form, but only to save you more headaches, frustration, and possibly money if things go wrong. If you do not know how to backup your files, I would not recommend you trying a format of your computer.

@lunatic: small side track... if you're on a laptop, you likely have two partitions on one hard drive, not two hard drives :)

I have to agree. If you don't know how to do it, let someone who does. If you know someone who can do it, maybe they can show you so you can do it next time. If it's related to the malware I've ran across recently, you won't even be able to go to microsoft.com, or any of the major antivirus sites. It corrupts the windows installer, several services, and is a nasty beast. That's why I suggest a format and reinstall. With one that bad, you end up spending more time trying to remove it than if you went ahead and formatted, and you still might not get it all.
 
Ok Guess What!!!?? i Got rid of Windows Antivirus Pro (I think cause there are not any pop ups) by doing Cpt. Kirk's idea-
Also not the best way but: Start> search: Windows Antivirus Pro> select all> delete> empty recyclebin. again not the best way but it's a quick fix that might buy you time.
Thanks! But wait theres more....... genpatton7 was also right-
...sounds like you're infected with a trojan which is downloading viruses and spyware onto your computer.
and now i have PC_Antispyware2010 on my computer! What do i do now?!
 
If you really want this to end

Take it to a computer store and get them to do it

Or download a good antivirus program Like AVG
And a good spyware remover such as Yahoo Spyware Remover

Otherwise they will keep downloading and there no stopping it unless you remove the virus from the computer
 
Back
Top