Folding@eGO team, round 2! (If you don't know what folding is, please read)

Okay i signed up to it. Just wandering what is the cool molecule thing? and how do i make my PC idle or does it just do it? O.o (Yes i know i fail @ computers :P)
 
You have to run the program first, of course. Then just leave it be while you walk off. You can basically close it down whenever you come back and want to do so and it'll continue where you left it the next time you run it.
 
Question: I have a 2nd PC not doing much, I could download and run the folding program this on that system...what would I name it? LiquidToeNail2?

You can use the same name. That way both clients will go to the same score.

It's good to see so many people joining f@h, every processor or graphics card(graphics cards are way more effective at folding than even quad core CPU's) helps.
 
Me, Serv0, and cupcake are the only ones on the page. Come on guys, give the world a hand. And fight for eGO supremacy!
 
Yeah. xD The rest of us haven't managed to complete a task with out mediocre hardware. D=

(... or at least that's in my case. <.<)
 
Yeah. xD The rest of us haven't managed to complete a task with out mediocre hardware. D=

(... or at least that's in my case. <.<)

Yup, I've got 2 PC's running it now...nothing completed yet, and I am not showing up in the list...hmm..

1 system says I'm @ 90/500 the other is @ 1/1500....is this normal?
 
Last edited:
Yup, I've got 2 PC's running it now...nothing completed yet, and I am not showing up in the list...hmm..

1 system says I'm @ 90/500 the other is @ 1/1500....is this normal?

Yeah, takes awhile for your to show up in the list. It didn't do it for me right away.

And yeah, both 1500 and 500 are normal numbers, you're doing fine.
 
Yeah I'm house sitting for family for about two weeks. My PC at home is gonna be Megafolding for that entire time. I think my fiance (housesitting with me) may have shut it down before we left...I'll go back tomorrow and make sure it's running. Meanwhile I jacked this family's PC to work for me as well. :D

Question: I have a 2nd PC not doing much, I could download and run the folding program this on that system...what would I name it? LiquidToeNail2?

You could have it under the same username. I currently have two PC's active under the "s3rv0" user that you see on the team's folding main page. That way you can have as many PC's as you want (or have sitting around) all working for one user. You don't need to worry about the "Machine ID" setting unless you're running Folding under multiple users on the same computer. Otherwise, just use the same information for everything every time you set up folding on a new computer.


Okay i signed up to it. Just wandering what is the cool molecule thing? and how do i make my PC idle or does it just do it? O.o (Yes i know i fail @ computers :P)

Idle just means your processor isn't busy doing anything, so yeah, your computer will do it on it's own. You needn't close the program ever if you want it to stop using your processor power, 'cause as I've said, it will not take any processor power that is in use or suddenly needed by anything else. You shouldn't notice any performance decrease in your machine whatsoever. Plus, closing the program may result in lost work (you can set the program to save progress every 3-30 minutes), and if you forget to start it and you miss the deadline for the work unit, you get no points.


Yup, I've got 2 PC's running it now...nothing completed yet, and I am not showing up in the list...hmm..

1 system says I'm @ 90/500 the other is @ 1/1500....is this normal?


Yep, that's normal. X/500 and Y/1500 are progress meters. Until one of those finishes and is submitted, you won't show up on our team. As soon as you finish a unit though, you should see your name up there after stats are updated, which is done a few times a day.


Joined and now folding.

We should race to 50 WU's or something, Woodstock. Beat me and I'll hand over to you my Prussian Pickelhaube.


Me, Serv0, and cupcake are the only ones on the page. Come on guys, give the world a hand. And fight for eGO supremacy!

1.) Awesome Stephen Colbert avatar.
2.) There are more on there now. 2 of the people have no points, which as far as I know just means they missed the deadline for their work unit. Late units = no points. :(
 
Last edited:
This is an awesome idea! I'm very familiar with F@H. Just have to get F@H running again and I will be one of your helpers!

EDIT: PWNAGE! I GOT 4 PC's running! IM GONNA PWN U ALL! MWAHAHHA!
 
Last edited:
165,000/1,500,000
and
~15,000/150,000

I have pretty large ones myself. <.< First one is my desktop, second is my laptop.
 
This is an awesome idea! I'm very familiar with F@H. Just have to get F@H running again and I will be one of your helpers!

EDIT: PWNAGE! I GOT 4 PC's running! IM GONNA PWN U ALL! MWAHAHHA!

I dunno about that. Happy to see you try though. :)

I have my quad-core at home folding for me. I selected for it to do "large" WU's, because my PC is powerful enough to do them in a timely manner (appr. 20 hours each) and they're worth more points. I get over 1,900 points each, and I checked the average points per WU on the aggregate team, and it's like 1/10 of that. Granted, that includes a lot of late WU's worth 0 I'm sure, but looking at our team so far, it does appear that my large WU's that I do with the command line version of the program are worth significantly more than others. As far as I know there's no way to designate the non-command line version to do large workloads exclusively, though there is an option to accept workloads greater than 10mb when offered, so that may be the same or similar.
 
I, too, am currently running 4 PC's...nothing has been completed yet. However, it's cool to see as the numbers keep crunching, the molocule seems to be getting larger and more complex...
 
300,000 / 1,500,000 done (20%) on the desktop
60,000 / 500,000 done (12%) on the laptop.


Still going to be a while. Takes a bit over 4 hours to do 10% on the desktop, so... I still a day and a half to go on that one. Laptop takes about the same time, but there's loads more apps running in the background than on the desktop.

I hope I'll show on the list soon at least. D=
 
Make sure that you guys are running the SMP client if you are using dual or quad core processors. Also if you have a nice dedicated graphics card, dl and install the nvidia/ati client.
 
Make sure that you guys are running the SMP client if you are using dual or quad core processors. Also if you have a nice dedicated graphics card, dl and install the nvidia/ati client.

Thanks for the tip. I just downloaded the ATI client and joined the team.

Also, I'm running a CPU client + GPU client. I'm planning to do the same on my second PC.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top