TF2 Vent

Korgot

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
606
Guys,
I've been hanging out in vent a couple of times and each times I'm in, I always wonder, why does the TF2 Vent servers are not populated ? All others servers always have at least 5 people in it, but most of times, our TF2 is empty. So I'M asking you guys, please, populate these servers and we shall rules everyone in TF2 :D
 
i usually dont use vent with tf2 because at some point i have to atl+tab out of tf2 to do something with vent, and my computer does not like doing that, so i just avoid the hassel.
 
i usually dont use vent with tf2 because at some point i have to atl+tab out of tf2 to do something with vent, and my computer does not like doing that, so i just avoid the hassel.

Ok, you got a point, but it should be like that for everyone, so why does DOD:S and CS:S and COD4 and 5, even Neotokyo vent servers got more peoples than us, that's impossible..
 
The integrated TF2 voice usually works just fine, so many TF2 members use that instead. The COD channels are full because all admins are REQUIRED to be in vent while they play. Not sure about the other channels, maybe they just like being in vent.
 
Reasons why the tf2 vent channels aren't populated:

  1. in-game chat works fine
  2. don't like having to talk in two places at once
  3. doesn't work for everyone
  4. don't have vent installed
  5. doesn't work well with linux
  6. in-game chat works fine
 
Ok, you got a point, but it should be like that for everyone, so why does DOD:S and CS:S and COD4 and 5, even Neotokyo vent servers got more peoples than us, that's impossible..

i cant speak for every game, but i know that CS:S puts vewry little strain on my computer to alt+tab out
 
Vent is also a huge system hog. before i upgraded my RAM i couldn't run both Vent and TF2 at the same time. Now I can, but I don't really find it necessary as the in-game chat works extremely well. Also, you really need to have Vent bound to a secondary chat key so that you're not giving accidental help to the other team ;-)

I tend to use Vent outside of gaming for general conversations, meetings and other peripheral whatnot.

This is NOT meant to discourage Vent use at all :-) I'm just mentioning why I'm not in the TF2 rooms often.
 
Well, vent is a lot more useful for CSS because you have to call out bombs and things..

I just hang out in the general channels, because I dont want to talk about tf2.
 
Well, vent is a lot more useful for CSS because you have to call out bombs and things..

I just hang out in the general channels, because no one in TF2 wants to talk to me.

2i7mx3k.jpg


Fix'd. Saaaa-LLLAAAAMMMMM. <3
 
Having in-game voice chat and vent running at the same time is confusing. I end up talking in vent when I need to say something in game and end up saying things in game that were meant for vent :(
 
Go look at Gravel pit sometimes. I've been getting people in there with me. Sometimes we have a full house of all my regulars that play with me. I made a post about this awhile back.
http://edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=90636
A lot of people use the general rooms for TF2 as it has a good in-game voice systeam as opposed to Call of Duty. Try and drag people in Vent with you like I do. And just sit there and wait. Even if no one's there. Someone might join you eventually. Also, note my signature.
 
Reasons why i don;t use vent while in tf2:
1) my mic has to be basically in my mouth for it to work with tf2 voice (vent doesnt like that)
2) talking/listening to 2 places at once = :(
3) have to alt tab which is a hassle
 
I've managed to avoid most of the alt tab hassle by running TF2 in a window. You still need to alt tab but it doesn't minimize the game like it would in full screen mode.
I go to vent and connect to the TF2 rooms now when I play but no one ever talks to me. Sniff. Of course the fact that I sound like a gravel truck going uphill on a bumpy road and no one talks to me in the game either may have something to do with that. Or it may just be that they find my conversation less than scintillating.
 
As others pointed out, I think the in-game voice chat for TF2 suffices; no need to Vent imo :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top