AM3 in AM2+ socket

Yes, that motherboard can support an AM3 CPU with a BIOS flash and will run at 1066Mhz. But AMD just released their new 785G chipset so I recommend getting a board that has it. It supports the latest AM3 CPU's without the need of a BIOS flash.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131398

Also, this is $20 cheaper and uses DDR3 memory, so this would be the best choice if you want to use an AM3 processor.
 
Wow, that's sick, but I kinda HAVE to buy at TigerDirect.

My parents don't trust the internet...
 
Wow, that board is a monster! I'm looking for a AMD Build as well. Only issue is that I don't like ordering stuff from newegg. Though newegg has a lot of stuff that TigerDirect/CompUSA doesn't have. I'm really considering that Mobo. Wowwwwww
 
I got ASUS' M4A78T-E... it's also an AM3 board that uses DD3 which is cheaper and faster!! A truly future proof board.... directron sells them with combo's MB/CPU/Memory... www.directron.com

I buy all my stuff there... no problems!!
 
Wow, that's sick, but I kinda HAVE to buy at TigerDirect.

My parents don't trust the internet...

Errr... of all internet tech stores, I'd trust Newegg a lot more than TigerDirect. TigerDirect epic failed a delivery I had and took almost a month to deliver a what should have been a 7 day shipping. Didn't even say sorry or offer any compensation.
 
It's not that I'm buying from Tiger online. I'm planning on walking in and picking it up since there's one around my house.
 
Errr... of all internet tech stores, I'd trust Newegg a lot more than TigerDirect. TigerDirect epic failed a delivery I had and took almost a month to deliver a what should have been a 7 day shipping. Didn't even say sorry or offer any compensation.

Tiger by far has to have the best shipping service. I NEVER had an issue with Tiger. And with the 1 day shipping policy I never get anything later than 3 days. Newegg is known to ship tons of doa's. That's the only reason why I don't get stuff there.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top