If you have any recommendations for games, please post here.

Star Wars: The Old Republic
even though it isn't out yet,
it would be pretty legit if we got
something going for it
 
RuneScape, The game has been around for years and I know for a fact a lot of people play the game.
 
RIFT by Trion Worlds.

This game is brought to us by a whole new company when it comes to MMO's. It is currently in the final stages of beta and I must say, its quite polished. If I remember correctly, it is 49.99(59.99 for collectors) for the regular game and 14.99/mo(with the collectors you get discount pricing of 11.99/mo if I remember correctly) to continue playing. They have been doing a great job of listening to the player-base when it's come to the likes/dislikes. I think it looks promising.

Its built the same way as WoW in that there are plenty of quests/dungeons to level. However, there is the actual 'Rift' aspect of the game where a planar rift opens in a 'random' location. The rifts are your basic elements; Water, Fire, Earth, Air, with Death and Life added in. If said rifts go unchecked, they create a foothold and will soon start attacking nearby towns. Sometimes going into full scale invasions with wave after wave of mobs coming at you, with a potential "boss" mob at the end. Its really cool when you get to those points because the entire area turns into a frenzy of people trying to get grouped up into raids and kill stuff. The rifts themselves act like the Warhammer public quests, in that the more active you are in a rift battle, the bigger your reward. I've done quite a few of them and I can't put my finger on how it rates your activity as I've done a bunch that were way too high for my level and I still got max rewards even though I missed with 90% of my attacks.

The Class/Spec(called souls in RIFT) is pretty cool. You basically have your primary classes; Warrior, Rogue, Mage, Cleric. From there you get to choose three "sub-classes" that are essentially classes themselves by the end of the starting area. You can build a Warrior and make him/her a Champion(2 Handed DPS plate wearer), Paladin(Plate wearing tank), and a Paragon(Dual Wielding DPS/potential parry based off-tank) all in one character. Putting your skill points where you see fit depending on whether you solo or group up. Take my character for instance. I play a Rogue. Who has the Bard as the main soul(I love Bards. Ever since EQ), Ranger as the second, and Nightstalker as the third soul. I've turned my character into a ranged DPS/Offheal/Group buffer all in one since I run with a group of people on a regular basis. I've tried a few others, but thats for a different post.

If you've played Warhammer, EverQuest(1 and 2) and WoW you can see where they've taken from them in gameplay. Warhammer for the world and graphics which I thought were great. WoW's questing system with the Rift added content is a nice change of pace. I've got an WoW/EverQuest-esque experience out of the classes too. Its quite fun.

If you don't mind paying for the MMO experience, I implore you to check it out at - www.riftgame.com -

They have a few more beta's to go through so you might just get into one for their inevitable stress testing.

If you'd like any other info on it feel free to PM me!

(edited for some grammar, I'm tired)
 
Last edited:
Silkroad is a good free MMORPG at JOYMAX.COM. make an account and dl the VI ver, like forgotten world. other good rpgs are the Witcher, Dragon Age: Origins, Titan Quest, Oblivion. also Dragon Age 2 and Witcher 2 come out soon
 
Star Wars: The Old Republic
even though it isn't out yet,
it would be pretty legit if we got
something going for it

sorry buddy but from what ive heard it was expected to be awesome but its turning out junky and cheaply funded, at least thats what ive heard
 
Vindictus, an mmorpg built on the Source engine by Valve, yes you heard me, VALVE; it is not open world, it can be compared to Dungeon Fighter for the stamina system, how the missions are started, and how you travel throughout the game.

Dragonica/Dragon Saga, revamped version of Maplestory.(Well, to me it is)
 
Try Titan Quest. It is very similar to Diablo. It is Singleplayer and Multi but multi is pretty much dead. Risen is also another good singleplayer RPG
 
Forsaken World. It's a F2P MMO that's now supported by steam. Me and a couple other eGO guys are all playing it right now. :)
 
Wakfu. It's currently in NA closed beta and it's lots of fun. Turn based, top-down MMORPG with living ecosystem.
 
Back
Top