I plan to make a computer with my dad...

VP :3

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
4,834
I'm not sure if this graphics card would work great because I'm a big gamer.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150434

It's a Nvida GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card. I hope to use this graphic card for the computer I'm going to build with my dad, but I'm not sure if I should get a GTX 260. I mean, for $105, that's pretty good deal.

Or this...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187026

SPARKLE Calibre Series P980 GeForce 9800 GT OC Dual Fly 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card. Comes with a free Call of Duty: WaW with purchase, too.
 
Last edited:
Get the 260.

Oh and you said you are going to make a computer with your dad? Two questions: 1)What part(s) of your dad can you use in a PC and 2)Are you going to do the surgery yourself or do you have some help?
 
Get the 260.

Oh and you said you are going to make a computer with your dad? Two questions: 1)What part(s) of your dad can you use in a PC and 2)Are you going to do the surgery yourself or do you have some help?

Yeah, I figured the GTX 260 would be better.

1): We may order parts off of Newegg and follow a guide online how to make a computer.

2): Lol, I mean I'm going to make a computer with some help from my dad. As in he will help me assemble the computer and put the pieces in the right places.
 
Hey Halo. :wink:

Building a computer is a lot of fun, rewarding, and pretty simple and straightforward. If you need any help, just holler. I've built many computers. :biggrin_old:
 
Hey Halo. :wink:

Building a computer is a lot of fun, rewarding, and pretty simple and straightforward. If you need any help, just holler. I've built many computers. :biggrin_old:

I had a ton of fun building mine. Also, you learn a lot about computers once you build them yourself
 
Yeah, I might get a GTX 280 off of eBay instead of buying a GTX 260 from newegg. I gan get the GTX 280 from eBay for like, $40 or $80 more.
 
if u are planning to get the 9800 consider looking at the gts250, the gts250 is basically a renamed 9800 but it consumes less power a bit higher clocks and bassicaly a new name, and almost at the same price, but u will get a proformance boost on the 260 it ur call.
 
Hmm, I wanna get something where I can run all the games I have and will get, like right now, I can't run Transformers; Revenge of The Fallen on any of the computer I have.
 
Building a computer with your dad, just a part of growing up...

It's really fun. It was just over a year ago I built my computer with my dad. I got really into it. 1 weekend a couple months later, I built 3 computers (the parts weren't as advanced as mine, but still...)

Besides being cheaper and the computer having better specs, building a computer familiarizes you with the layout of the "guts" of the computer, allowing you to better diagnose hardware problems when they arise. I can't tell you how beneficial this is.

Way to go Halo!
 
Yeah, I already now ALOT about computers because my dad is a computer programmer. :D
 
thats awesome that you dad is a comptuer programer :], i built a computer with my dad and he was a lot of help because he used to built computers :)
 
Yeah, my dad's been doing computers since he quit ATT.
 
And we have an old computer. We'll probably take parts out and replace them with new parts. And if we can't do it by Christmas, then for Christmas I would want a Dell computer with a Nvida GTX 295 graphics card, with dual core processors. And have an HDD thing in it. That way, I have the perfect gaming rig for me.
 
What size moniter do you have? What resolution does it run at. If you only play at lower resolutions, i would say the first 9800gt would be ok. The second one may be better for higher resolutions of 1680x1050 but for anything more than that youll want to pick up a videocard with more than 512mb of vram on it.

I would reccomend the 260 or if you wanna try ati, 4870s are really solid cards as well, if you can afford it go with a 4890 or gtx 275 though. they faster cards. Best luck building your rig.
If you have any questions feel free to pm me. Ill do what i can to help out.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top