A good wireless netowkr adapter?

Goretex

Thread Junky
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
805
I have been using an old crappy d-link wireless usb adapter for a long time now. I finally got so fed up with the crappy signal/performance I threw it in the garbage. So....now I need a new one. Can anyone recommend me a wireless adapter that is good for online games?

Price range is 20-35 CAN.


ps. wth is a netowkr?
 
I installed a Zonet PCI card in my father's older PC so he could access the internet across the house. It works great. However, Zonet seems to be really really bad at keeping drivers up to date.

At one point I needed to do a clean format of my father's PC, and I had lost the driver disk for the Wireless NIC. Zonet's sight doesn't seem to have drivers for their products. Luckily I had stashed the disk away in one of my many important software locations, and found it soon after.

I've also heard that they have little to no technical support, but I have never needed to use their technical support system, so I have no first hand experience on that. They definitely have cheap products that work though. The PCI Wireless NIC I bought was $9.99 and works perfectly through several walls.

I'm assuming the USB adapter would work well as well, but make sure you don't get any technical issues.

I probably would buy a Zonet for the price, if I wasn't planning on doing gaming, but if you're going to be doing gaming you may be able to save some money on a PCI card. I'm not big networking person, but I think a PCI NIC might be a bit better on bang to buck than a USB one.
 
Last edited:
Do you have a free PCI slot?

yes I do.

I just want something that wont drop connection every 10 minutes because it's main use is going to be for online games and maybe 1 or 2 big downloads a month.The biggest problem I have is a pretty crappy signal strength.(It's coming from a neighbors house. He knows, I just am not sure exactly where in his house the router is.)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top