Sound from my Xbox connected to my monitor?

Live2bcool

Rookie
Joined
Jun 11, 2009
Messages
62
Ok, So I currently bought an xbox 360 and hooked it up to my monitor. It's working great! Expect.... one thing. The sound is coming out of my monitors built in speakers, but I want them to come out of my headsets. My brother and I play in the same room and it's really annoying hearing 2 games at once.

I have the gamecom platronics headset, it came with a hd sound USB connection also. It's been really good to me. ^_^ Also my monitor comes with 2 built in USB cables into it. I tried plugging my headset into that.... nothing. I also got the Xbox 360 audio adapter with 360 I got... I tried using that, but it doesn't seem to work.

The main question is... how do I get the sound from my Xbox 360 into my headset?:O
 
im looking at my xbox right now. try going to MyXboX tab>Console Settings>Audio>digital output: and change one of those settings there. hope this will help
 
Do you have a USB Headset? If you do try plugging those into the back of the Monitor. if that doesn't work sorry. :(
 
Do you have a USB Headset? If you do try plugging those into the back of the Monitor. if that doesn't work sorry. :(


Well... My usb slots are built into the left of my monitor. I tried plugging my headset into that and still no luck. D: Thanks anyway mate. :)
 
You aren't going to be able to use your USB headset unless you have specifically an audio device that supports USB output. The USBs on your monitor are a hub, and serve no other purpose than to relay information to your computer should you have it setup to use them. Even if it does a little more, at most it will display pictures, audio, and video from things like jump drives and external hard disks on the monitor.

If you want headset audio, you're going to have to use the plug on the controller themselves, and of course, that is not USB.
 
oh. also, what i did, was i bought some $10 headphones that you just listen to music with. but they cover your whole ear, and are comfortable and have a nice sound quality. i just plug that into my tv where you can plug in any headphones..like ipod headphones or something. thats only if you dont plan on talking in game
 
You aren't going to be able to use your USB headset unless you have specifically an audio device that supports USB output. The USBs on your monitor are a hub, and serve no other purpose than to relay information to your computer should you have it setup to use them. Even if it does a little more, at most it will display pictures, audio, and video from things like jump drives and external hard disks on the monitor.

If you want headset audio, you're going to have to use the plug on the controller themselves, and of course, that is not USB.

So your saying there is no possible way to do this then?
 
Where did you get the cord to do that? To connect the xbox to the monitor that is.
 
So your saying there is no possible way to do this then?

Essentially, yes, that's what I'm saying. You'd have to have a Headset that can plug into the controller, and then you can chose to use that headset instead of the computer speakers. You cannot use a USB headset (without spending some money) on an XBox 360.

From the Elite pack.

I just noticed this. If you have this available already, why not just use the headset that came with it? Or have they stopped including them now?
 
Last edited:
Essentially, yes, that's what I'm saying. You'd have to have a Headset that can plug into the controller, and then you can chose to use that headset instead of the computer speakers. You cannot use a USB headset (without spending some money) on an XBox 360.



I just noticed this. If you have this available already, why not just use the headset that came with it? Or have they stopped including them now?

Which headset are you talking about? It only came with the black mic and speaker. Are you saying I can buy a headset just for the xbox 360? IS there actually something like that?
 
Which headset are you talking about? It only came with the black mic and speaker. Are you saying I can buy a headset just for the xbox 360? IS there actually something like that?

Sorry, I forgot that the headset that comes with it was only for XBOX Live chat. As for an actual headset though, take a look at the Turtle Beach X1 Headset. It is specifically made for use on the XBOX 360, using both game sound and voice.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top