Pistolscript

I wanna know if we allow here in eGO the use of scripts like the pistolscript and can somebody guide me to get it :)?

Well, i didn't see your original question answered, so I thought I'd answer it for you.

Yes.
 
Over half of the stuff in that thread sounds gamebreaking and utterly stupid.
 
Medic - improving particles to make it easier to see if a player is using the kritz.

??

You cannot upgrade a perfect class. So that is what they came up with? lolz. :P
 
Of all the listed changes, these stuck out the most:

The engineer is receiving a wrench that allows him to build his buildings faster. It does not allow him to upgrade them and repairs them at the same rate as before, however.

this makes perfect sense (not) - when you initially build an object (dispenser) it takes a while before it's ready; the new wrench will get it going faster, but will upgrade it more slowly. Can't see this being all that useful, but we'll see...

The first suit is as heard of before, giving the spy 90% damage reduction from flames and takes the place of his revolver

wow - 90% fire damage reduction? are they serious? why not just give the pyro a foam-dart thrower that says 'NERF' on the side?

The heavy's minigun cone has been tightened

So, the heavy will have better firepower at greater distance?
 
If all of those changes were true, it would become clear that Valve is developing another game that they wish us to play instead. Because this one would become totally undesirable.
 
Back in the day when CS first introduced the dual Berettas, it was discovered that they would pretty much fire as fast as you could press the trigger. Me and a buddy came up with two different solutions to get rapid fire out of them.

My friend used right-click as his secondary fire. Since there was no secondary fire for the Berettas, he simply used a script that would remap his right-click to +fire when he switched to his pistols. Then he would feather his left and right mouse buttons like you would a dual trigger set up on a paint gun. It would remap right-click to secondary fire when he switched back to his main weapon.

Since I use right-click for jumping (yeah, I'm weird) his method didn't work for me. Instead I came up with a different solution. When I pressed Mouse 3, it would switch to my Berettas and rebind my mouse wheel up and down to +fire. I had to press Mouse 3 again to switch back to normal weapon switching.

My solution would actually fire faster than his, but it required me to press an extra button. His solution was more automated, but he couldn't fire as fast. The other trade off was that he could sustain his for the entire clip amount, but with my solution it was more of short bursts as I rolled the wheel one way and then rolled it back the other way.

In the end, we both concluded that the dual Berettas were pretty useless anyway, and just stuck with our pistols of choice. In the end, accuracy mattered more than being able to spit out a barrage of bullets.

/old fart discussion

Meh, I used to play CS so much that all I did was run around killing people with the dual Berettas, and 80% of the time it worked. Good times.

Y'know, I like most of the proposed updates except for the Spy suits, mainly because it's trying to remove a hard counter instead of working on the Spy's inherent weaknesses, namely that, in a tightly organized team, the Spy is nothing but a suicide class.

The Engie wrench is particularly interesting. I mean, imagine rushing into a base and setting up a dispenser and level 1 sentry in four seconds. Or setting up an instant teleporter to a strategic location? In a highly organized team, that can lead to some crazy leapfrog strategies.
 
Last edited:
Of all the listed changes, these stuck out the most:



this makes perfect sense (not) - when you initially build an object (dispenser) it takes a while before it's ready; the new wrench will get it going faster, but will upgrade it more slowly. Can't see this being all that useful, but we'll see...



wow - 90% fire damage reduction? are they serious? why not just give the pyro a foam-dart thrower that says 'NERF' on the side?



So, the heavy will have better firepower at greater distance?

Oh my gosh - the dart gun would be an awesome shotty/flare alternative! And it'd go great with the hat!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top