G5 Problems

blizbiggy

Forum Fiend
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
639
I had bought a G5 about 1 1/2 years ago and just recently it disconnects and reconnects. I am pretty sure it is the usb cable causing this problem and was wondering if anyone else had this problem? I plan on sending it to logitech because it has a 3 year warrenty if I cant solve the issue myself.
 
Hmm, just send it to logitech and they will fix it or give you a new one.
 
I've had a G5 for about that long, maybe longer, and have never encountered any such issues with it. I guess you should send it back, I don't know how you would fix it and you may end up voiding the warranty that way.
 
I've had a G5 for about that long, maybe longer, and have never encountered any such issues with it. I guess you should send it back, I don't know how you would fix it and you may end up voiding the warranty that way.

Well if i had got a new usb cable, I would just replace the cable. Other than that, I would prob just replace it with a different mouse.
 
Logitech's releasing a newer, more improved version of the G5 in September. I'm excited for it, I'll probably get one when it comes out. Look into it. I forgot the exact model number of it, unfortunately. G550 I think? G55? Something along those lines.
 
Logitech's releasing a newer, more improved version of the G5 in September. I'm excited for it, I'll probably get one when it comes out. Look into it. I forgot the exact model number of it, unfortunately. G550 I think? G55? Something along those lines.

Yep, G550, I'll stick with my G9, can't beat it imo.
 
Yea, sounds like theres a break in the wire, mine broke right close to where the wire comes into the mouse itself. super easy splice to fix. Do you see any fraying or wire wear to indicate where the break might be?

NVM, reread & it says its still under warranty. Shoot them an email, sometimes they wont even ask for you to ship the product to them. Better than chopping & rewiring thatll void the warranty in case it breaks later on down the road.
 
If you have no luck on the G5 go for a Razer Lachesis (One i have), Deathadder, or the godlike Razer Mamba.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top