Building a PC.

ElTimba

Rookie
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
71
I just finished getting all my parts (except the case, I'm waiting for that to come in).

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119196
Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131323
CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103471
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145214
PSU: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3276573&CatId=1483

Gonna put an 8800gt in there.

This is my first build and I was wondering what you guys think is the best way to put everything together? Mount the cpu then put the motherboard in, or put the motherboard in first, etc.

Let me know in what order you build your computers. :)
 
The order I do it is like so:

1. Put in PSU
2. Mount CPU (on mobo which is NOT in the case yet)
3. install cpu heatsink
4. Ram
5. Put mobo in the case
6. Graphics cards
7. Plug everything in / wire management
 
I did, but I like asking here, because I trust you guys know the best way to get things done.
 
I do:
Put PSU in case
Put in Optical Drives
Put CPU on mobo
Put mobo into the case
Get all the wires neatly tucked away & run
Put in HDD(s)
Install CPU heatsink
Put in Memory
Put in any PCI cards (GPU, sound, tuner, etc)
 
El Timba is building his rig today with me :3

This is going to be the greatest day of his life!
 
You guys should post pictures as you are building it ;)

Let us know how to works out!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top