Early this morning GG had setup the RMF mod on the Gravel Pit server. At first I was confused as what it was but after googling it. It turned out to be the mod that people had posted videos of earlier this week. With the pyro jet pack and the others. Each time you choose a power up it explains to you in like a god chat pop up but its fast for me to read it all so I would mess up on how to activate the power.
After some play time with very limited players cause it was in the wee hours of the morning I can say it can be fun at times but then challenging at the sametime.
The pyro jetpack is more like a double jump. You can hold the jump button to continue throwing fire but you dont necessarily keep flying up. The firework flare launcher wasnt working at the time. GG was working on it. Seems like some bugs still need to be fixed.
The spy sapper was one I was really looking forward to but it does have some draw backs. Not only does it decloak enemy spys but it also decloaks you if you get to close. They didn't show this on the video if I remember right. So if its hallways and not an open area because not to get to close.
Engi I only got to see the Sleeper mod. It kind of defeats the purpose if you can see when they make it go to sleep when the little commentary ballon shows on top of it. I think it was only cause I was in disguise. I havent verfied it yet. Its super late and I need sleep. So i am pretty sure that was the cause.That I was a spy. so no biggie
The sniper mark arrows didnt show up for me. I may have been doing it wrong.Also using the mark arrows would mess up the weapons you can use and your melee weapon would disappear. you couldn't use it. The instructions appear quickly and change or fade out. The curving arrow is a fun concept if you can control it. The way it works is you aim, and you cannot move as your drawing back the arrow and aiming so it makes you vulnerable. You use the direction keys to command how it is going ot curve but you seem to have to hold it before you shoot and let go once the arrow is flying. This makes it a huge guess at trajectory for your shot. I think it would be a lot better if you can aim it as its flying like a TOW missle.
The heavy power to stand still makes a teleporter aura around you and works very well. I hardly got pushed at all.
The demo flash is bright and lasts long if you use more than 4 stickies. Only draw back is to activate you have to use the primary weapon taunt and it goes go off till the taunt is over which means most of the time I got killed before I even finished. I didn't like that. Also only you and the enemy can see the white screen.Friendlies cannot which is good so players wont be griefing but bad for you if your caught in the middle of a flash.
The drunk bomb was similar.You throw a stick I think then taunt kill with the bottle. It was funny to see and funny to do. Its like crazy color tilt screen mode we use for monday madness.
The soldier boots really help reducing the damage on rocket jumps and the helmet charge gives you an increase in speed but I didn't see how it damaged others.
I didn't get to use medic or the scout.Not even the engi yet.
You type rmf_menu to access it or bind it like I did. I made mine F6 but you can make it whatever you want. The command is Bind "key" "say rmf_menu"
I hope to test out the other classes and see how it is like to have more than 6 players on the server with the mod. Hope this gives a little insight to the mod from a person who has used it already.
Thanks Garden for getting it set up.
After some play time with very limited players cause it was in the wee hours of the morning I can say it can be fun at times but then challenging at the sametime.
The pyro jetpack is more like a double jump. You can hold the jump button to continue throwing fire but you dont necessarily keep flying up. The firework flare launcher wasnt working at the time. GG was working on it. Seems like some bugs still need to be fixed.
The spy sapper was one I was really looking forward to but it does have some draw backs. Not only does it decloak enemy spys but it also decloaks you if you get to close. They didn't show this on the video if I remember right. So if its hallways and not an open area because not to get to close.
Engi I only got to see the Sleeper mod. It kind of defeats the purpose if you can see when they make it go to sleep when the little commentary ballon shows on top of it. I think it was only cause I was in disguise. I havent verfied it yet. Its super late and I need sleep. So i am pretty sure that was the cause.That I was a spy. so no biggie

The sniper mark arrows didnt show up for me. I may have been doing it wrong.Also using the mark arrows would mess up the weapons you can use and your melee weapon would disappear. you couldn't use it. The instructions appear quickly and change or fade out. The curving arrow is a fun concept if you can control it. The way it works is you aim, and you cannot move as your drawing back the arrow and aiming so it makes you vulnerable. You use the direction keys to command how it is going ot curve but you seem to have to hold it before you shoot and let go once the arrow is flying. This makes it a huge guess at trajectory for your shot. I think it would be a lot better if you can aim it as its flying like a TOW missle.
The heavy power to stand still makes a teleporter aura around you and works very well. I hardly got pushed at all.
The demo flash is bright and lasts long if you use more than 4 stickies. Only draw back is to activate you have to use the primary weapon taunt and it goes go off till the taunt is over which means most of the time I got killed before I even finished. I didn't like that. Also only you and the enemy can see the white screen.Friendlies cannot which is good so players wont be griefing but bad for you if your caught in the middle of a flash.

The drunk bomb was similar.You throw a stick I think then taunt kill with the bottle. It was funny to see and funny to do. Its like crazy color tilt screen mode we use for monday madness.
The soldier boots really help reducing the damage on rocket jumps and the helmet charge gives you an increase in speed but I didn't see how it damaged others.
I didn't get to use medic or the scout.Not even the engi yet.
You type rmf_menu to access it or bind it like I did. I made mine F6 but you can make it whatever you want. The command is Bind "key" "say rmf_menu"
I hope to test out the other classes and see how it is like to have more than 6 players on the server with the mod. Hope this gives a little insight to the mod from a person who has used it already.
Thanks Garden for getting it set up.
Last edited:



















