My hard drive is sad :(

AJC

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jun 20, 2009
Messages
657
Here let the picture explain it-
sadlinux.png
 
That's hilarious! What Linux distro are you installing? I'm using Fedora 10 (soon to be upgraded to 11) at work on one of my computers after trying a whole slew of different distributions.
 
why boo for linux depending on the distro it is a much better operating system than any version of windows
 
too much OS's xD i wish i knew how to make a dual boot :(

Most of the Linux distributions will allow you to re-size an existing partition to allow you to easily dual boot. They pretty much all come with a boot loader which starts before any OS (GNU GRUB is pretty common).

The main thing about Linux is to download and try a live CD before installing it. Due to the nature of Linux not all distributions work equally well on all hardware. If you choose something mainstream, they're usually pretty good.

Anything like Fedora, Mint, SUSE, Ubuntu and Mandriva are going to cover most of the current mainstream hardware.
 
why boo for linux depending on the distro it is a much better operating system than any version of windows

The impression I got was that Windows was sad Linux was being installed as the status text string for the X drive where Linux was being installed reads "Formatting : (...", not that Your Mother! was sad Linux was being installed.

The way I see it, anyone who has that many operating systems on their computer probably knows the virtues of Linux, especially since Brood War is in the CD drive.

That reminds me - I wanted to run through Starcraft, Brood War, and Diablo 2 before Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 are released.
 
too much OS's xD i wish i knew how to make a dual boot :(

you dont need to know how to duel boot any linux distro will auto detect other operating systems and install and configure grub for bootloading for you
 
I tried Sabayon a day a go but now I think I'm gonna stick with Ubuntu, because it works with my speakers. Oh ya and I'm all for Linux I just said boo, because I was simulating the hard drives feelings, since all my other drives have windows. I really wanna try to play TF2 on it once I get it up and running, should be fun! ;)

P.S. I'm gonna try OpenSUSE on my laptop so... ya. I really don't know why I put P.S. in front... :confused:
 
I tried Sabayon a day a go but now I think I'm gonna stick with Ubuntu, because it works with my speakers. Oh ya and I'm all for Linux I just said boo, because I was simulating the hard drives feelings, since all my other drives have windows. I really wanna try to play TF2 on it once I get it up and running, should be fun! ;)

P.S. I'm gonna try OpenSUSE on my laptop so... ya. I really don't know why I put P.S. in front... :confused:

ya openSuSE is a good one but if your useing kde you should do the update to kde 4.3 or 4.2 because the 4.1 that SuSE 11.1 comes with is not the best.

but aside from that suse is one of the best iv been on it since 8.2
 
I have never dual booted before and I want to dual boot Linux with my Windows 7. Anyone recommend anything for beginners or anything? Links anything helpful! Thanks
 
I can understand why windows is booing the Linux install. I run Ubuntu and sometimes play TF2 with it.
 
Back
Top