Play on Xbox 360?

Dot350

Rookie
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
71
Is there anyway to connect to the eGO TF2 servers through the Xbox360 version of The Orange Box? There's no way to enter an I.P. or anything, and when I go to search for games the most players I can get is 16. But once I somehow got on a server that was using a custom map (showed up in server listing as 2-Fort). I'm guessing that there isn't a way but I figured there's no hurt in asking and seeing if anyone knows a way.
 
You cannot connect to the eGO servers with the 360. The way Microsoft has things set up, as far as I know, 360 players cannot play with PC players in any game at all.
 
Actually woodstock, I belive the game Shadowrun has both 360 players and pc players online together.

And i've always found 360 TF2 to be a big disapointment, never found many players and people seem to be much more laggy.
 
Tf2 dosen't even have the newest updates, way far behind on class updates. Can't play a game thats way behind on updates with one that isn't.
 
Actually woodstock, I belive the game Shadowrun has both 360 players and pc players online together.

And i've always found 360 TF2 to be a big disapointment, never found many players and people seem to be much more laggy.

That and Gears of War. They really need to make more cross-platform games. Would make it much more fun. Although, console players would be at a disadvantage.
 
Bonno, now that you say that Shadowrun is cross-platform, I'm like "I knew that." I am thus corrected, but the number is still very limited.
 
Well I signed in last night to try to see if I could get on the servers any way before I posted this and I had like 3 updates I had to get. But maybe they were for Portal or Half-Life.
 
i beilve they stopped updates for 360 tf2
No they just got an update a couple of weeks ago to fix all of the modding and add class limits, and a no crit option to the server options. All of the current content for the pc is supposed to be coming for the 360 eventually.
 
No they just got an update a couple of weeks ago to fix all of the modding and add class limits, and a no crit option to the server options. All of the current content for the pc is supposed to be coming for the 360 eventually.

Class limits.....does the P.C. version have that? I would think that would take away from the game a little bit with how different the classes are. I just read Captain Kraken's review of the new patch for P.C. and I didn't realize how different the two versions were :O
 
Yea the problem with consoles is they have a limited amount of space to run, games. Whereas pc, can be custom made to do whatever we play. We thhe point is the tf2 for xbox is at the limit of its capabilities so they can't make any major updates (like class updates) or they would go ever that limit.

besides how can you play a FPs on console anyways, it's just to difficult beyond imagine.
 
Yeah it can be difficult, especially sniping (although its more tougher in games where you have to hold your breath like COD).
 
if your getting a valve game you really should have it for pc valve games work better for pc and there way more servers and a freaking mouse
 
NO way, NO How, NO NO NO NO, LOL ;)

Well, I have seen a modded Xbox hooked up to a computer with some code that makes people noclip in the TF2 Xbox version as well as spawn NPC's props... ect ect. It was cool to watch, but that was a long time ago before I even had a PC. That game made me build a PC and play TF2 on it, and I thank Valve for that! :D
 
Back
Top