Yet Another Update...

JHeat

Active Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2008
Messages
339
Team Fortress 2

Updated PL_Hoodoo. Changes from community mapmaker Tim Johnson:

"Added a balcony at 2-1 that I've rotated and cleaned up so it's a much better point, it attracts less sentry spam but is still holdable. 2-2 has a bit more breathing room and the one way route between BLU/RED spawn in stage 3 has gone and in its place some stairs up to the second level accessible from BLU's side."

Added "tf_ctf_bonus_time" ConVar to set the CritBoost bonus time for capturing the intelligence (0 to disable it)

Added "tf_arena_first_blood" ConVar to toggle the first blood feature in Arena mode (0 to disable it)

Added missing snowpuff particles for DX8 players

Fixed rocket jumping

Fixed sticky bomb attachment to props. They will now only ignore the saws in sawmill

Fixed Scouts going into reference pose in double jumps

Fixed the Ubersaw not displaying team colors

Fixed Spies disguised as RED Scouts not cloaking properly

Removed two more text messages for TF_FLAGTYPE_ATTACK_DEFEND CTF game mode

All you rocket men out there can rejoice. Your precious rocket jumping has returned!
 
I didn't have a problem with rocket jumping in the new update. if anything i could actually jump farther. I heard a ton of people complaining about it though. I think you guys just need to play more jump maps.

For instance in 2fort, i usually had a hard time jumping across the water with one rocket. Now i can do it every time. We'll see what it's like now.
 
Last edited:
wow thanks for the heads up! I like that the server can set the crit boost duration after an intel cap because I thought 10 seconds was a little too much.
 
Grrrrr...... I was hoping they would've including trading in that or increasing the hat drop, I think it is kinda low, I think they should make it say between 1% and 5%.
 
"Fixed Scouts going into reference pose in double jumps"

Did they get rid of jelly legs, or am I missing something?
 
Grrrrr...... I was hoping they would've including trading in that or increasing the hat drop, I think it is kinda low, I think they should make it say between 1% and 5%.

If they ever to change the probability we'll more than likely never hear about it. Mostly because that is actually on Valve's side. Whenever steam servers go down lately, it's usually because they're changing steam cloud stuff or other server side things. So it's not gonna be in any kind of release notes or anything unless they say something about it on the blog.
 
gah, I was about to play, but the servers need to be updated again. >.>

i guess its time to idle again. Got one 4 weapons all day on idling.
 
Last edited:
It was actually kinda funny to watch some soldier's fail at rocket jumping. I thought they were all new to the game (even though some were recognizably good). Well, I suppose it's good that the problem I didn't even know about was fixed...
 
Fixed rocket jumping

I know someone who will be happy to hear this.

and i was wondering how long it was gonna take for the mandatory fix of the update to come out. Seriously valve needs to test run these things before they release them.
 
I didn't have a problem with rocket jumping in the new update. if anything i could actually jump farther. I heard a ton of people complaining about it though. I think you guys just need to play more jump maps.

For instance in 2fort, i usually had a hard time jumping across the water with one rocket. Now i can do it every time. We'll see what it's like now.

It was borken, pretty bad. I myself did a lot of testing, there were a lot of problems. You COULD still rocket jump, but not entirely as high as pre-update. And it required much more precision; Pre-update allowed a slight margin of error in timing so that you could still get decent airtime. The update got rid of that, so you had to be extremely precise, and for the most part stationary for your jumps to have any success. And we need to try new maps? You're still playing 2fort, or as I like to call it, the babybox. :P
 
I know someone who will be happy to hear this.

and i was wondering how long it was gonna take for the mandatory fix of the update to come out. Seriously valve needs to test run these things before they release them.

It'sssss KUNAI!
 
I know someone who will be happy to hear this.

and i was wondering how long it was gonna take for the mandatory fix of the update to come out. Seriously valve needs to test run these things before they release them.
Well, considering they dont work on weekends they fixed it ASAP.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top