Minor Problem

Burning Shadow

Active Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
329
I got a skin from FPSBanana for a cool silver revolver (TF2 spy). The installation instructions said simply "extract to Team Fortress 2 folder" and I decided to extract it to the "tf" folder. It worked in the sense that the skin went into the right folders (teamfortress2/tf/materials/models/weapons) and I could see the skin when I went to developer's commentary. But, when I went to any server after that, it wouldn't work. I rechecked to make sure it was there, and it was.

I know this may be a simple fix to many of you, but it boggles me. Thanks!
 
I think some skins don't support skins because they could be used to make people more visible or something. So I'm assuming it's just disabled on the server you're using. Although I'm not positive.
 
I think Dman has it right. Servers do have the power to disable your custom skins. Try setting up your own server and see if it works there. If it does, problem solved; if it doesnt, its been installed wrong and you should try to reinstall it.
 
when using skins you can get banned from servers for cheating, or even have a anti cheat system ban your steam id. Just though I would mention this to you before your game doesn't work online anymore.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top