Logitech G5 Laser Mouse problems

DeFy

EGO Addict
Joined
May 31, 2009
Messages
1,338
Hey guys i have the logitech g5 laser mouse and i like it! except for one thing, it keeps shutting itself off for no reason. All the firmare and software and drivers are up to date. It's plugged in correctly. Just for no reason it turns off and back on after a few seconds every 10 minutes or so. Any solutions?? or is it time for a new mouse :facewall:
 
Your mouse could be faulty. Try posting on the Logitech forums with your problem although they will probably tell you to contact support about your replacement policy or something.
 
I have 2 different G5s that do that.

The first one (G5 Original) does it if you move the mouse too far to the right. In this case, I think the solder came loose over time so theoretically a quick soldering or a little trip to the oven should fix it. Well that or an RMA to Logitech if it's still under warranty.

The other one (G5v2) just does it randomly with no pattern at all. I have no idea what's wrong with it and it probably would require an RMA to Logitech to fix.

More than likely, you'll have to RMA it.

Ironically, the eldest of the 3 G5s that I have is still working fine. Only thing "wrong" with it is the cord covering has come off in some places. Even more ironic considering I didn't buy it at all. I won it at Quakecon 2006 heh.

The good news is that the warranty for the G5s is 3 years so more than likely you can RMA it for a replacement.
 
Hey guys i have the logitech g5 laser mouse and i like it! except for one thing, it keeps shutting itself off for no reason. All the firmare and software and drivers are up to date. It's plugged in correctly. Just for no reason it turns off and back on after a few seconds every 10 minutes or so. Any solutions?? or is it time for a new mouse :facewall:

The shutting on and off is the cable. I replaced the cable with another usb cable from a different mouse (dont do it i had to rig my g5 slightly lol). I suggest trying to call logitech about it and getting the cable replaced.
 
ah damn that's what i thought thanks guys
I'm thinking of trying the Razer DeathAdder or Razer Diamondback 3G. Any thoughts on these? (they both look so awesome!!!) The reviews for both are excellent and both look sweet and are gaming mice :D
 
Get that death adder. I've heard around that the g5 is a great mouse. Idk why it would be faulty. =/
 
In my opinion, razer mice are the same as the logitech ones.

I personally prefer the shape of the G9, it fits well in my hand.
 
Yeah i think i'm gonna go with the DeathAdder. I'm done with LogiTech and their BS mice -.-
(Another mouse i own from Logitech just broke today...so now i'm stuck using a little tiny mouse xD)
 
Yeah, the reviews for the DeathAdder are great. I don't have any mice cause i have a red dud build into my laptop which is great. Good choice ;)
 
We got 3 of that mouse(1 for each pc in the house) and it have never failed me :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top