Interesting New Ipod Touch

Blue Stealth

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jun 21, 2008
Messages
6,201
Alright so this actually is not an Ipod touch, but its basically the same thing but higher quality and open-source.

Check out the site for it, its a good read and real interesting. Make sure to check out the video.

http://www.zii.com/Developer/SDKProducts.aspx

Found it while on the creative website. It caught my eye. Thoughts?

-Blue
 
Why do people always compare things with apple's stuff. So it looks square with rounded corners.... Seriously, it's way different then an iPod touch.

Nice find tough :)
 
Why do people always compare things with apple's stuff. So it looks square with rounded corners.... Seriously, it's way different then an iPod touch.

Nice find tough :)

Umm, how can you not compare this to the Ipod Touch? It's a touch screen MP3 player with similar proportions and look. It has wifi, media playback capabilities, and bluetooth. Once the new ipod touch hits with it's camera and video recording, they will share that feature as well. If android is the competition to the iphone, this is the competition to the ipod touch, hands down.

Why do people compare everything to Apple? It's simple, Apple makes some of the nicest stuff out there, and they tend to be the first ones doing a lot of new thigs. On the flip side, they also have some of the most expensive stuff, and people love to compare to see if they can get the same for less with other brands.

That being said, as a 2nd gen ipod touch owner, the egg looks really promising. You can spare me the details about "energy efficient handheld Stemcell Computer based on the powerful ZiiLABS ZMS-05 media-rich applications processor," because this is really just a juiced up ipod with an open source OS, a SD card, and GPS built in. That being said, the Ipod should have those features, and while I'm sure the new one will have more powerful processing power, it will probably be lacking an SD slot and GPS.

As long as the price point is reasonable, and the software side is competitive in quality, I'd consider a switch from the Ipod.
 
Pretty sick. I need something like that, or an iPod touch so I can play games on it in class. =D
 
Pretty sick. I need something like that, or an iPod touch so I can play games on it in class. =D

well the zii eff is much more powerful than a current gen ipod. so if games are what youre after, you might want to look into this. Retail price will be 200 dollars for the 32 gig version , i belive. SDK is currently selling for 400. Something where apple fails. no sdk for iphone i dont think.

-Blue
 
well the zii eff is much more powerful than a current gen ipod. so if games are what youre after, you might want to look into this. Retail price will be 200 dollars for the 32 gig version , i belive. SDK is currently selling for 400. Something where apple fails. no sdk for iphone i dont think.

-Blue

there is an SDK for the iPhone to develop apps but I believe this one has more freedom...
 
Its based off ANDROID too so you wouln't have any stupud apple restrictions on what apps you can a and cannot run :)
 
Iphone SDK

Just make sure to consult your magic 8 ball before you submit to make sure Apple likes it ;)

Open source is nice, as long as there is a vehicle to filter out the crap.
 
I saw this about a month ago over on gizmodo. It certainly does look interesting, however, it may never be released in the form it is in now. Its a developer platform, which, as I understand it basically means that they are going to sell it to developers to with as they wish at which point they may released a product.

So for all we know, a company may purchase these, get rid of the software and use this for a completely different purpose before making it available.

Given the fact that I own a 1st gen ipod touch, I currently dont see much of a need to have another pmp (I love my ipod touch, and have used it practically every day since I got it just shy of 2 years ago)

It certainly does look promising, but again, a good developer would need to pick this up and put it to its full use then hope it gets adopted widespread before this can really take off and show its potential
 
That thing looks pretty, not as shiny as the iTouch but looks cool. Never heard of Zii though :/
 
-.- i posted this before like 3 weeks ago but it was in a reply so lmao. Yea the thing is pretty sick but honestly the power of the iphone 3gs is a lot more appealing. The zii egg is still really cool though and different.

The new ipod touches will have cameras btw and so will the nano supposedly.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top