ATI MSI 4890 lag

=(e)= Censored

I made one post
Joined
Aug 22, 2009
Messages
2
Hi, I recently bought an ATI 4890 and I get a lot of lag on tf2 barely able to get past 30 frames per second. here are my system specs* ATI 4890 (duh) gpu, MSI K9A2 PLATINUM EDITION mother board, AMD Phenom 9850, and an 800 watt psu, 4 gbs of ram, 1.5 tb hard drive. I need helpz, I think the problem is with ati power play, it saves power when not gaming by toning down the mhz but i don't think it goes back up when i play TF2.
 
If you haven't done so already, upgrade to the latest ATI drivers. To test out your power play theory, use GPU-Z and have them log the core/ram speed in the background.
 
i have already done all the driver updates, someone said 9.7 fixed their problem but i didn't have this gpu with me when it was out. It's not the powerplay i just tested it after u sent me a reply but ty for ur help
 
Back
Top