Vista VS Linux

Legit^

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
3,491
I <3 Linux, even though its hard to set up i still <3 it :)

END = FAIL

<object width="425" height="344">


<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xC5uEe5OzNQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
 
ah whatever your just comparing the eye candy stuff
and just saying linux is vauge there are tons of different distros for tons of different uses
 
Personally, I wouldn't run anything but Linux if it weren't for games. Of course, I never turn on the advanced graphics stuff like he does in the video, because I like Linux because it is much cleaner than Vista. If I wanted to waste system resources on useless visual stuff for my GUI, I would run vista. But if I have 4GB of RAM, I want to be able to the majority of it for my applications, not for the interface.
 
You can get a lot of fun gizmos for Vista and Win7 as well. My knowledge about Linux is pretty low, but the average user with only a decent computer wont be able to utilize all of that fun on Berryl on their computer if they haven't invested a bit more into it. :P Aero on the other hand works really stably on nearly any computer or laptop.

But again, I dont know much about Linux.
 
You can get a lot of fun gizmos for Vista and Win7 as well. My knowledge about Linux is pretty low, but the average user with only a decent computer wont be able to utilize all of that fun on Berryl on their computer if they haven't invested a bit more into it. :P Aero on the other hand works really stably on nearly any computer or laptop.

But again, I dont know much about Linux.

beryl, compiz-fusion, and kwin take lower requirements than aero
 
oh and if your going to compare them why not compare usefull features like i don't use openSuSE as my main os for the desktop affects in fact i don't even have compiz installed i use it because i have full control over how it works and prefer most of the applications and in a lot of aspects it is just better (more stable,better software management, better filesystem and management.
 
If valve released a linux version of the steam client, i would live on linux. (Probably ubuntu or debian)
 
well some can actually play CSS (though maybe a bit buggy) on wine....but ya if it wasn't for games i'd be on linux 24/7....the simplicity, ease, convenience, security etc etc...i would definitely get less headaches
 
ive tried various flavors of linux and since i was raised on windows (home, and k-12) and OSX (preschool) i just cant seem to get around in linux, i know its a shame but i cant help it.

also i've gotten used to the weirdness of vista
 
zzzz some of you guys put down Vista way too fast. Vista SP2 has fixed a lot of the problems Vista had when it first came out, such as gaming performance and such. Honestly, im using windows 7 ultimate and its amazing so far. I made the switch from vista ultimate and i cant really tell a huge difference except for the power on and shut down times as well as load up times are a bit quicker. The UI enhancements are welcomed and its marvelous to use. Its a great improvement over Vista ultimate but you vista ultimate wont let you down. It was great and the latest service packs help a lot. People just affiliate Vista with the original one which was terrible, the SP2 helped alot and Vista has come a long way since it first came out.

Still, windows 7 ultimate FTW, its great right out the box.
 
no doubt vista and 7 are better for gameing but i find every OS Microsoft makes to be a rigid piece of crap that i cant make work how i want i find if i have to use windows for any work my workflow just grinds to a halt.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top