Vista VS Linux

i think it's naive to compare which one sucks..
IMO - each system has its pro and con. Linux - depends on the end-users and the distribution. Vista is not that bad at all - it's actually pretty new and confusing to users who have been to XP for so long. Of course, the driver and platform compatibility and the problems with Vista OS do revoke the people's interest.

Yet, Linux in general isn't really design for home & office. Instead, it's meant to be a personal OS. Now we have famous Ubuntu desktop to people who want to use Linux (Ubuntu is Debian) instead of Mac OSX and Windows.

I have Mac OSX, Ubuntu, Windows (so many versions and so many distrbutiion). I still like using XP for most of my tasks. With Linux, for businesses, they use it for server and internal "proxy"-like purpose. If you want to convince a business to all use Ubuntu for their tasks, lol, it's going to be a big problem because files created by Open Office will have many compatibility problems opening on a Windows MS Office program. Lines, font and format will break. It's because MS didn't want to release their codes.

To me, it's about the individual. Obviously, I cannot write any OS myself, so I still respect the engineers work on those OS.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top