Ibuypowerpc/Cyberpowerpc

PewPewBangBang

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jun 15, 2009
Messages
1,923
Im asking this question for a friend.

I know companies like dell and HP lock up their bios and such so that you cant tinker around with overclocking the CPU or anything.
Does Ibuypower or Cyberpower allow you to overclock it unlike Dell and such?

Just asking so my friend doesnt make the wrong choice in choosing a pre-built one over building one himself.
 
I have wondered the same thing after seeing their ad's in CPU mag, and the even better deals you can get on their website. They have some good specs for reasonable $$. If your friend gets one let me know what you find.
 
Isn't IBuyPower just a company that builds custom computers?

I haven't really browsed too far into their website, but I think you pick out parts and they build it, maybe I'm wrong. But if they do just put the parts you choose together, then you would definitely be able to replace and overclock parts.
 
Isn't IBuyPower just a company that builds custom computers?

I haven't really browsed too far into their website, but I think you pick out parts and they build it, maybe I'm wrong. But if they do just put the parts you choose together, then you would definitely be able to replace and overclock parts.

yes they are not a company, they only build the pc for, so i guess no there is none
 
Isn't IBuyPower just a company that builds custom computers?

I haven't really browsed too far into their website, but I think you pick out parts and they build it, maybe I'm wrong. But if they do just put the parts you choose together, then you would definitely be able to replace and overclock parts.

no your correct, except you get a limited selection and i dont know, there hasnt been any talk about them being able to be overclocked, maybe ill go read some reviews somewhere or something. Technically there shouldnt be any problem overclocking them since they are all parts from Asus and such but i just wanna make sure for my friend.
 
I wouldnt necessarily say that having the better deal means that your able to overclock the system. The great thing about those companies is that theyre very friendly & always willing to talk with you, so id suggest giving them a call & see what they say about that. After all, it cant hurt to ask questions.
 
I wouldnt necessarily say that having the better deal means that your able to overclock the system. The great thing about those companies is that theyre very friendly & always willing to talk with you, so id suggest giving them a call & see what they say about that. After all, it cant hurt to ask questions.

I meant whatever has better deals for the same configuration:P
 
no they dont put locks on the cpu, but if it is damaged from OC then it voids the warranty
 
Back
Top