Increase in griefing teleporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

opscomm

Forum Fiend
Joined
Apr 29, 2009
Messages
684
I've noticed that ever since they started allowing Spys through teleporters that there has been an increase in teleporters that lead into a team's resupply area from the outside. This allows Spys to take the teleporter into the resupply and backstab people as they spawn, which has been explained to at least some of us, that this was against the rules of the Clan. I was just curious if any advisors could help us out with this.
 
In eGO we do not allow this exploit and you should notify an admin using team chat with an @ sign at the beginning of your chat line to let tham know this is going on.

No admin in server.... use your friends list to summon one.
 
In eGO we do not allow this exploit and you should notify an admin using team chat with an @ sign at the beginning of your chat line to let tham know this is going on.

No admin in server.... use your friends list to summon one.

Yes, spot on. Get one of us to take care of the problem, keep us informed if you see this going on.
 
Thanks, just wanted to try and let people who don't know about the rule know it. It seems like nobody really knows it.
 
maybe im reading this wrong but spies are no longer aloud to take teleports enemy teleports and then sap/backstab people?
 
the teleportors go into enemy spawns so they enter enemy spawns and kill people before they leave the spawn.
 
Ran into this for the first time today with two separate events. I would have to put this in my top three for the worst exploit I have ever seen. It's just a huge annoyance.

But one thing worth pointing out is that the engineer who built the teleporter is usually the actual griefer here. People playing spy will just see this as the folly of the other team. So if you run into this, I usually warn both but keep my eye on the engineer player
 
Ran into this for the first time today with two separate events. I would have to put this in my top three for the worst exploit I have ever seen. It's just a huge annoyance.

But one thing worth pointing out is that the engineer who built the teleporter is usually the actual griefer here. People playing spy will just see this as the folly of the other team. So if you run into this, I usually warn both but keep my eye on the engineer player

+1
 
they put the exits in the actual respawn area? Im sorry im not gettin this, it's just kindof confusing to me.
 
they put the exits in the actual respawn area? Im sorry im not gettin this, it's just kindof confusing to me.

Ok.

Lets say you're on BLU team, and a friendly Engineer sets up a teleporter entrance somewhere on the map. Then he places the teleporter exit in the spawn area.

Later on, along comes an enemy (Red) spy and takes that teleporter entrance to get into your respawn area. Now he is able to kill your team before they leave (or are even aware of what's going on).

Does that make sense?
 
Last edited:
I thought you couldn't put buildings in the spawn?

Well said, I have yet to find a spawn area that allows buildings to be built. What map are you guys referring to for this exploit? Because from what most of us know, you can't build in spawn.
 
You can do this on Gravelpit. I'd warn the engineer that built the teleporter. The spy just got lured in by bait
 
This can happen on multiple maps...Some maps are Blackmesa and Gravelpit...Also you can put one in the alternative spawn in 2fort as well...
 
Known maps where you can build in spawn:

ctf_2fort
cp_gravelpit
cp_blackmesa_final
cp_dustbowl
 
I thought you couldn't put buildings in the spawn?

Most maps it is considered an exploit to build in spawn, and should be adminned. When blue, Egypt and Gravelpit has designated areas near the exit door you can build.
 
Most cases is when you are on dustbowl, or 2fort when the spawn door, shuts down on the teleporter, hence making it half way in spawn, and able to be taken to the inside of spawn..... BUT do go nuts when you see the half teleporter inside spawn, most times it is the entrance and not the exit, so if you are not sure, try and use the one cut in half by the spawn door, before you admin it.....
 
But, I thought we don't allow teleporters in the spawn/resupply area. One more thing spy's aren't allowed to take exits in our servers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top