N Vent installing problem

Drambar

Active Member
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
306
Okay so i got my novint falcon up and running and it's just super-duper.
But i want to install N Vent to see what it is and what i can do with it.
I downloaded it from the website and i downloaded an ISO file, when i open it, it starts up some program to create cd's with, what should should i do to install N Vent?
when i putted in my Newton's Monkey Buisness it said "The disc is empty" :S?
 
you can use most modern dvd writing tools to create a DVD installer. The other thing you can do is unzip it with a program like winrar, and then just run the exe.

thx, tomnovint
 
also, welcome to the Falcon family! ;)

let me know anything I can do to make your Falcon experience a good one. thx, tomnovint
 
Is N Vent like an online store where you can purchase games that supports the novint falcon? Do i have to install it or does it even matter if i do it?
 
you don't need N VeNT to play the steam games. I'd recommend installing it for access to the tutorial if nothing else. Also, it has a patching system, which we will use to update to a better version of N VeNT. Ultimately it will be an application like iTunes or Steam, but right now it's a little rough around the edges admittedly. thx, tomnovint
 
i love my falcon, its just very hard to get used too, and Tom when will DOD:S be released for it by chance do u know,
 
give it a little time, and you'll get used to it. I play every week with very good players who have done so. I can't imagine using a mouse now - I would be totally gimped at this point doing so. Remember to leave the control settings for FPS at defaults until you have 10 hours under your belt, so that you don't tweak the controls into a non-ideal state while you get up to speed.

we already have support for DOD:S ;)
http://home.novint.com/community/phorum/read.php?4,11737,11737#msg-11737

thanks
Tom
 
Yeah thats another thing i did not include in my thread, do we need N vent but that is answered :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top