New Razer Mouse: The Naga

Ducttape

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
2,473
[edit] sorry! i didn't see/know JV had previously posted about this[/edit]

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga


My first impression is: someone crossed a combination lock with a mouse?

It's supposed to be a MMO friendly mouse, with software designed to implement key bindings for games like WOW, AION, etc...wonder how it'll do with FPS games? I'm guessing each number key on the mouse is a fully programmable macro key.

Right hand oriented, looks like it'll be more ergonomic than Razer's other mice.

The 4 and 5 buttons (the ones usually controlling the forward/back functions) are moved to the front and closer to the top. I'm holding my mouse, and trying to imagine using those two buttons; feels like they'll be irreverent because of how far away they are.

The scroll wheel looks different than any other Razer mouse; wonder if it'll control any differently, or is it just cosmetic? One complaint I have with Razer mice is their scroll wheels; it's not that they're horrible, just no way as good as the Logitech or Microsoft scroll wheels.

naga07.jpg
 
Last edited:
Hehe, it looks like a great sleek and quality mouse.

By the way, Jv already posted up a thread about this mouse.
 
hmm that is one messed up looking mouse i must say, i would totally not buy that for use with fps games i have a razer death adder it is amazing for fps games
 
I just got my Razer DeathAdder and the scroll wheel kicks ass! I had a Logitech G5 right before this one and it broke on me, this new razer is awesome and it's scroll wheel is easily 2x better or more than the G5's

5/5 for this mouse (if you're right handed)
 
looks intresting but what if u bind one of those numbers to shutdown ur pc and u press accedently ingame :P
 
It as a good concept but I rarely use numbers. Now if it had a qwerty keyboard that would be crazy :) :)
 
TBH if u picture the number buttons without numbers on them, and the mouse being a little more round all the way around it...it kinda resembles a frag nade from CS:S :D
 
Doesn't look like a mouse I would waste my time with...
I simply got a G11 keyboard because it matched my Death Adder and my PC lighting... I could care less about the 18 programmable keys on the left side of it currently. Maybe one day I'll screw around with it and try to do some fun stuff with it, but it's not going to be in the near future.

This mouse looks ugly.
 
I said it before and I'll say it again, Great minds think alike.
 
The Idea is great but i think its kinda useless and a hassle because i key board is meant for hot keys and with my luck my finger would keep hitting the buttons.
 
yeah that mouse is a great concept i agree but i think it would be quite hard to use at times.
 
One thing i have to say about razer, is they are QUALITY items. My Razer Copperhead is moving onto, i believe, 5 years.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top