kill cam opinions

Tiberias

Poster
Joined
Dec 21, 2008
Messages
192
I dont know about you but i am not a big fan of having killcam on the servers, it kinda kills the fun imo. Idk about you guys but i was thinking about maybe trying to get it removed what do you guys think.
 
I think its more fun having to look for the person who shot you but either way works
 
I like it, I don't think it should be on the sniper server but obviously it's not already. I like seeing my enemy up close to notice if I had an unregistered shot or something, it makes me feel better if I see that I guess, plus you can find out how many people are around him and what they're doing. Sucks if you're doing the killing though
 
I think it's default into the game engine. But it'll be better because you can see who sniped you and where the shot came from. Either way... You can find a way.
 
i think we should keep the killcam i have nothing against camping but if there was no killcam i think it would get out of hand pretty quick and the game would get slow and not much fun cuz of everyone finding a good spot and staying there but thats just me
 
I like it, I don't think it should be on the sniper server but obviously it's not already. I like seeing my enemy up close to notice if I had an unregistered shot or something, it makes me feel better if I see that I guess, plus you can find out how many people are around him and what they're doing. Sucks if you're doing the killing though

yeah you are right.
i love the kill cam
 
I am a proponent of the Killcam. It discourages camping and encourages strategy. I also like taking interested screenshots from the Killcam.
 
I've always hated the killcam it takes out stealth from the game. You kill some one and then boom you're spoted.
 
Kill cam is simply a device to help new players get kills. As much as I avidly hate the stupid thing, I have gotten used to it.

As for meow's post, it is built into the engine, but it can be disabled. Its been done by other clans. We tried it but it messed up our achievements. I dont know if the problem is a specific problem with our boxes, but it can be done. Probably wont happen though so dont bet on it.

-Blue
 
the people that don't like kill cam are the camping snipers ... cough blue cough :p .... and while you are spotted, it is your own fault if you haven't moved from that same spot in the minute it takes that person to get back to where you are on the map and kill you. like blue mentioned it is simply there to help the nubjes and i don't think it will be removed. try playing the sniper server if you hate it so much ;D
 
yes kill cam annoys me, but i do like being able to see if my hits just didnt register IMO, so i say keep them :(
 
I didn't like it when it first came out, but the more I played, the more I like it. Sometimes a sniper is in a hard place to spot and you can see where he shot from. That encourages them to move around if you know where they are. Just my opinion....
 
killcam also help new players so they can be on the greatest spots on the maps :) I'm new in avalanche all these spots in there. i learn new spots everytime i play there..:)

we should keep the camkill.:)
 
killcam is great for new players and all, but what frustrated me is that they added it years after it came out.

Makes it so obvious valve doesnt care about their fanbase and is just out to make money. Hopefully they wont screw up dods anymore. But they are sure trying hard with the occasional "faildates" if you guys know what im talkin about.

-Blue
 
indeed ... did the new update make so it we can't have pistols with the rifle class anymore?
 
I really like the killcam and am always disappointed on servers that don't have it. I think I have a right to know who killed me! ;) They got their kill, skedaddle and find another hiding place to camp. I am an advocate of push gameplay, I can't stand waiting and having faith someone will come down that particular alleyway.

For those who don't like the killcam, a picture is worth a thousand words: :)


Nothing more satisfying
 
I agree with Blue wholeheartedly all the kill cam does is ruin a good hiding spot i know the point of the game anymore isnt realism but the fact that everytime a sniper kills you you get to see exactly where he/shes hiding...part of the fun was finding a way aka stratigizing to kill the sniper without =oh hes in here toss a nade and snipers dead= when normally youd be completely lost where the sniper is

kill cam makes the game newbish at the very least
 
I like it, because I like to know who shot me (It doesn't happen often :) ) and from where they shot me, so I can go pick them off after I re-spawn.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top