- Joined
- Feb 14, 2009
- Messages
- 1,034
microsoft made a secret update which installs a plugin into firefox. I'm sorry but this is one stupid move from microsoft. Basicly the plugin allows this to happen..
I think microsoft did this so firefox would become a unsafe browser and get people to stop using it. And Apparently theres no way to disable the plugin unless you delete the registry. The issue has been patched by now but some people still havnt gotten the patch. I'm not sure how to get it.
Here's the complete article.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2009/05/microsoft_update_quietly_insta.html
"this update adds to Firefox one of the most dangerous vulnerabilities present in all versions of Internet Explorer: the ability for Web sites to easily and quietly install software on your PC."
I think microsoft did this so firefox would become a unsafe browser and get people to stop using it. And Apparently theres no way to disable the plugin unless you delete the registry. The issue has been patched by now but some people still havnt gotten the patch. I'm not sure how to get it.
Here's the complete article.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2009/05/microsoft_update_quietly_insta.html
Last edited:

















