Windows secret update

too old for posting.

On another note, chrome uses between 50-60MB depeding on how many tabs I have open. What does firefox take up for you guys?
 
Darn! Another thing I need to worry about, websites installing things without my permission:facewall:.....Oh wait I have a Mac, I don't have to worry about this, YAY!:)
 
Last edited:
Darn! Another thing I need to worry about, websites installing things without my permission:facewall:.....Oh wait I have a Mac, I don't have to worry about this, YAY!:)

If only the ads were true. If you let your browser use java then malicious code can be executed on it. Sorry to burst your Mac invulnerability bubble.

FireFox users can install NoScript to prevent websites from executing malicious code without your permission.
 
Eh, I've always used Windows. For me that's about 10 years of Windows, I've had one big virus in my life, that was when I was 9 and stupid. :)
 
I hadn't heard about this until now, so I guess I owe you thanks for dragging up such an old topic. Anyway, it's not a surprise that Microsoft is messing with our crap. Or really, their crap. Depends on how you look at it.

Tux is my hero anyway.
 
If only the ads were true. If you let your browser use java then malicious code can be executed on it. Sorry to burst your Mac invulnerability bubble.

FireFox users can install NoScript to prevent websites from executing malicious code without your permission.

I use firefox......and I also know my mac is not a perfect world where viruses don't happen, that is why I have a firewall, a Virus scanner, and I back-up my computer frequently using my time capsule. The point of the post was a joke......not an apple is better post....but, you're welcome to speculate on which OS I think is better.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top