Crazy DL speed drop

R3POMAN

EGO Addict
Joined
Sep 28, 2008
Messages
1,178
Ok so heres what happened. Last week i installed steam on my new computer and i was getting speeds of about 1.9 mb/s when downloading my games. Today i am trying to download games and i am getting speeds of about 90kb/s. Can anyone tell me why in the hell my speed dropped so dramatically? I have not installed any new programs aside from HW monitor to track my CPU temp, but it is not even running right now. I have comcast internet connected through my wireless n router. please help lol.
 
Thanks for the link i will test it out when it gets slow again. Amazingly its back at 2mb's now lol. I am thinking it might have been a bunch of ppl DLin from steam at once? maybe?
 
At this point, most US ISP's choke traffic in one way or another. They refuse to upgrade their last mile and their networks. I don't doubt that most of us will see repeated slowdowns as usage exceeds availability. Comcast and TWC are the among the worst offenders in this category.
 
Yea tell me about it, im in the detroit area and have Comcast. Speedtest.net gives me 5/dl and 2/up while others in TN get 32 d/l and 1 up with the same service. And this testing several systems with the same service in the area so we know it isnt on my end, its the ISP.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top